Mike O'Malley Weighs In on Boswellgate, and Jimmy Johnson Likes Beer

Two pieces of exciting news in the inbox today.

First, Mike O'Malley, the TV superstar and ex-host of "Guts," responded to my query attempting to locate Bobby Boswell foil Robin Rexroat. Here's what Mike wrote (in two e-mails). The things you learn as a blogger....

No idea how to track the girl down, but most, if not all contestants were from Orlando schools. If you yellow page some Rexroats in Orlando, and do your best Bernstein Woodward, I'm sure finding her will be the Post's biggest scoop since Watergate. I will forward this to some old Guts producers to see if they can dig anything up.

It is rumored that David Eckstein's wife was also on Guts, as was AJ from the Backstreet Boys....

Sweet. As I mentioned in a comment yesterday, I'm on the verge of locating a Robin Rexroat from the Orlando area who was a swimming and water polo star in high school in the late '90s. That's gotta be the one. Bobby's crushing loss might soon be looking a lot better.

The other important e-mail comes from trusted Bog friend and WaPo employee Derek Willis, who ran into a familiar face in the supermarket this AM. Derek writes:

So I'm in the line at the Winn-Dixie in Tavernier, Fla., this morning around 9 a.m. In front of me is a guy buying some chicken and vegetables. In front of him, in matching black Nike t-shirt and shorts, is Jimmy Johnson. That Jimmy Johnson (he has a home nearby). Again, this is 9 a.m. on a Wednesday, so Johnson's cart has six 24-packs of beer (Heineken Light, I believe) and some soda. Party at Jimmy's!

Man law!

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 15, 2006; 2:49 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , NFL , Weirdness
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What You Need to Know, in a Bunch of Words
Next: Brent Johnson's New Helmet

Comments

The coach or the guy who drives in circles?

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | November 15, 2006 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Gotta be the coach since the guy who turns left all day spells his name Jimmie.

Posted by: cowtowner | November 15, 2006 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, the coach. Although I sent an e-mail to Derek asking the same question. But the man law reference was supposed to tip you off. Maybe if it was a T.S. Eliot reference you would have understood?

Posted by: Dan Steinberg | November 15, 2006 4:12 PM | Report abuse

So if you find this woman are you going to set up a lunch date with her and Bobby?

K

Posted by: SEKim | November 15, 2006 4:33 PM | Report abuse

You had me at Man Law. ;)

Heineken Light? Boo Jimmy.

Posted by: DB | November 15, 2006 5:25 PM | Report abuse

The Man Law ads are pretty funny but I still love the Bud Light Real Men of Genius series (Silent Killer Gas Passer is a classic!)

K

Posted by: SEKim | November 15, 2006 5:31 PM | Report abuse

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Jimmy Johnson, yo.

Posted by: Reader Glenn | November 15, 2006 5:40 PM | Report abuse

This is the best line:
"And thank Bobby for calling me that "awful host." It was wonderful to wake up and read his comments."

Ha! Would love to hear Bobby's reaction :-)

Posted by: DC Sports Chick | November 15, 2006 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Wait a minute, that was YOU Danny boy who referred to O'Malley as the "awful host". Don't pin it on "Lightning" Boswell.

I swear, we should all just call him "Lightning" or "Purple Lightning".

Seriously though what are you going to do upon meeting Robin - give her DCU tickets and a locker pass? Fight the good fight.

Posted by: Zach | November 16, 2006 1:32 AM | Report abuse

Reader Glenn - brilliant. J alfred prufrock would be proud.

Steins - Why don't you see if you can get on the PA at Disney "Stalking Robin Rexroat, Ms. Rexroat...please pick up the courtesy phone in Tomorrow Land" (all of Orlando lives at Disney right?)

Posted by: Bryan76 | November 16, 2006 9:00 AM | Report abuse