Noted

Trying something different. Feedback encouraged.

[Edit: I have absolutely no idea why I was instructing people to send e-mails to an ESPN address. That was a very, very weird mistake, possibly due to excessive thoughts about Tom Friend. Send your e-mails to the regular place.]

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 27, 2006; 9:24 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Playoffs?
Next: ESPN the Magazine Beats the Panthers

Comments

See, I was cheating and using your links to get to the stories about whatever. I'm a bad scourer, so now I have to waste even more time at work.

Argh!

Posted by: Goat | November 27, 2006 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Goat... I liked coming here each morning to have one place to jump for all the articles of interest.

Posted by: QFB | November 27, 2006 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I'm with the other two commenters, I liked the daily wrap-up you were doing. At first I didn't like the way you pinned it to the top of the page, but I came to see that it made sense.

Please abandon this experiment immediately or I will be forced to bombard you with rugby related e-mails each and every day.

Posted by: KJ | November 27, 2006 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Help! I don't know what I need to know!

Posted by: Reader Glenn | November 27, 2006 10:55 AM | Report abuse

What am I supposed to read the papers myself?

Posted by: Prophet | November 27, 2006 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Dan,

I live in Boston now but still a DC fan at heart. I check the Bog at least four times a day because it helps me keep on top of things. I am a huge caps and united fan so that only sweetens the deal. The Bog is on my first link set that I check every morning. Keep on doing what your doin, I love it.

Keith

PS that email link doesnt work

Posted by: Keith | November 27, 2006 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I see Tom Friend's article in my sleep.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | November 27, 2006 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Hate it. Go back to the daily roundup of media links at the top of each days entry.

Posted by: Dee Cee | November 27, 2006 12:47 PM | Report abuse

My life doesn't make any sense without your daily What I Need To Know. Now I have no idea what I need to know. It will take thousands of words just for me to gather information that, for all I know, might not be worth knowing at all. I'm on a need-to-know Redskins obsession.

Please save me.

Posted by: Skin Patrol | November 27, 2006 12:53 PM | Report abuse

i've lived here my entire life, and i can honestly say i'd never read the washington times sports section until you started linking to it. god's honest truth.

Posted by: bryc3 | November 27, 2006 1:58 PM | Report abuse

I still never read it. People named Thom give me hives.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | November 27, 2006 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Definitely need the morning summary. I look forward to that!

Posted by: Gary Digital Williams | November 27, 2006 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Ok, first I thought this was your going away column - nice 300 word roundup - you can now reach me at boggycheese@espn.com - so long suckers.

Now I realize it was just dreaming - like an Eagles fan thinking Jeff Garcia would be McNabb lite - that lead you to type your email like that :)

Or that you had found nirvana - a cheese maker that has created a cave-aged Rexroat.

Posted by: Bryan76 | November 27, 2006 3:49 PM | Report abuse