A Much Briefer What You Need to Know

Since I'm again delayed this AM, I'm going to steal Reader Glenn's late-night summary of last night's very busy local calendar, which will have to stand on its own for an hour or two:

The Late Night Update sponsored by Taco Bell Without The Green Onions:

*Mason destroys a powerhouse Radford team--by 2 points.

*The Bog-Forgotten Caps get their 4th win in a row against a quality team and chase another goalie.

*Agent Zero is miffed by lack of NBA Store pictures and puts up 38 points. [Note: I predicted the Wiz would win and Gil would go for 47.]

*Gassy woman forces plane to take evasive action.

*Unnamed commenter realizes he has no life.

I also figured I should include this Tuesday message from one of our loyal area poll voters:

Just to show how serious I am, I'm heading down to the GW game (vs. UMES) and TIVO'ing the William & Mary vs. Towson game. I just heard Gary Neal has a bruised hand though, looks like I jinxed him last game. Normally the Tivo'ing wouldn't seem that big of a deal, but I told my girlfriend that I set her "gilmore girls" taping as scheduled. Ooops. I doubt she'll give me a free pass either with my tivoing the beginning of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (at 10).

For this I thank you.

If only all of our voters were so dedicated.

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 7, 2006; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Weirdness
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Quick Version of All That Shoe Stuff
Next: What You Need to Know

Comments

We know you'll start covering the Caps, again. It's not like they have a skate that their star is promoting in NY that "everyone" wants to get!! ;-)

BTW, the Caps didn't chase Emery from goal last night - just made him look bad, statistically (he actually stood on his head the first period and held off 17 of 19 shots in 20 min.). Three home wins in a row, four wins in a row. . . doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh on Monday. If the Caps win on Friday, that means they'll be going into the game against the 'Guins with a 5-game streak, and Pittsburgh is really good at killing a Caps winning streak. If the Caps lose, they'll be flat from the loss and Pittsburgh will jump all over it. Not that I'm a pessimistic Caps fan or anytihng - I'm just trying to prepare myself for a game against the flightless fowl.

Go BARRA BRAVA!! Can't wait to see you guys in action Friday night!!!

Posted by: Andrea | December 7, 2006 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Andrea - You forgot the game Saturday night in Philly. For some reason, that game worries me more than the other two. Road game on a back-to-back night, a low quality opponent (Flyers are last in the East), and this one is squeezed between two bigger home games.

Posted by: kenjabi | December 7, 2006 8:50 AM | Report abuse

My dedication to the poll is going to the VT vs. Seton Hall game at MSG on Dec 21. Ok so I'm really there for Duke Gonzaga but you know I'll watch some of the early game...maybe...allegedly. I'm not trying to sway (not the irshman) my fellow voters but once again Mason will be most likely left off my Top 11. You can not only beat Radford by 2. Especially when VMI is putting up 135 on some dude named Lees McRae who scored an amazing 75 by himself.

Posted by: Marc | December 7, 2006 8:53 AM | Report abuse

D'oh!! You're right, Ken. Philly is just all kinds of forgetable this year, I guess :-)

Well, I also thought the Caps would be slaughtered by Dallas, smothered by Buffalo, and would be lucky to keep it close against Ottawa (who didn't have a good start at all, but were coming off a really good stretch) - and I was happily wrong.

Posted by: Andrea | December 7, 2006 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Ken and Andrea,

Look at Philadelphia again, they're actually playing fairly well of late. But then that actually bodes well for the Caps because they seem to only play well against good teams.

Posted by: Kim | December 7, 2006 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to say, but Radford is better than you think. They crushed Richmond by 17 at their place and their losses have come to very respectable opponents (including Washington State who just beat Gonzaga).

Sounded like a good game.

Posted by: HIGHlander | December 7, 2006 1:01 PM | Report abuse