Gilbert Central, Item No. 1: "I Use Both Sides of My Brain"
In light of Gil's Opus last night, we bring you a morning of Gilbert.
Item No. 1: The Dime cover story. Headline: "Celebreality." Highlights:
1) "I'm bold. That's all it is. I can stand in a room full of dead people and make it exciting.....It's not weird or strange; I'm just fun to be around. I've never been around a group of people and they didn't have a good time. It's making a bad situation better, that's all it is. Everyone says I do quirky things, but to me it seems pretty normal....Some guys have told me, 'People think you're weird because you're smarter than what they thought you'd be....I use both sides of my brain and everyone else is using one. That's the only quirky part about it."
2) He also talks a lot about staying grounded, not changing, being yourself. "We were all grounded at one point; the only thing that changes is the way people treat you," he says. "And when you start thinking like that, you start losing your mind about what reality is."
The man is 24 years old, but he is only a child haha. He loves basketball and he loves gaming, and hanging out with him doesnt really even feel that weird because he is such a down to earth and normal person.
3) Dime is all over The Post's blogs. They talk, at length, about the best Post sports blog item of all time, the "I'm Not Quirky" thing. But Dime calls it a "Post article." I figured Dime would be hipper than that. How 'bout "Post blog item?"
4) On all of his self-motivational perceived slights: "I just do it because everyone expects it now....Everyone expects me to say something, so I'll just do it."
5) On his shooting range: "People say that once I get past half court I have no conscience. And you know what? They're right. I feel comfortable taking any shot past half court."
I'm not sure that this "no conscience" thing is really an insult. Gil obviously doesn't think so. Maybe we're all overreacting a bit about Kobe's comments. Because, really, what did Kobe say? "It's funny, he doesn't really seem to have that much of a conscience. I really don't think he does."
6) 1) "Me and DeShawn Stevenson are starting a talent agency called 0-2 Talent. We're gonna kick it off with a swimsuit-type calendar of new models trying to get into the game."
Bring on the photos of P.J. Ramos in a speedo! He's trying to get into the game, right? Can't wait. Although Gil didn't mention the kid models, as he once did in his NBA blog:
We're going to have female models, we're going to do little kid modeling calendars.
I mean, it's been months. I want to see a calendar already. Kids, swimsuit models, video gaming kids in swimsuits, whatever.
Posted by: silver | December 18, 2006 12:19 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.