Bop

Read my Top 11 Local Sports Moments of 2006. Then, after you've come up with all the great stuff that I idiocally left out, submit questions to my Live Online chat, which will take place today at noon. For everything else, read below.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 4, 2007; 7:51 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gil's Party: Super Duper Fly
Next: Gilbert Arenas Has Phenomenal Swag

Comments

OK, so the Gil's Party web site is arenasexpress.com - if you get rid of pesky journalists from the URL you end up with a sport that I'd certainly be interested in (when not following curling or soccer or Caps hockey or similar exciting sports).

Posted by: Rob Iola | January 4, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

what about alex ovechkin beating crosby for the rookie of the year, or when he scored his 50th goal or his 100th point?

Posted by: ovechkin | January 4, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I didn't get to post this in the chat today because I was a late arrival, so I am throwing this out there now.

For all those cheese fans out there:
Target has a bunch of leftover Hickory Farms gift packs on sale at 75% off. My wife and I stocked up on a bunch of cheese/sausage/cracker packs for like two bucks each.

They're not the best cheeses in the world, but for the price, it's a heck of a deal!

Posted by: RestonCheeseFan | January 4, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Those soccer-loving baseball-hating people on your chat today were funny. Brazil, or wherever the hell they're from, must be a less humorous place since they decided to grace DC with their presence.

Posted by: texto | January 4, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

For the record, yes, I was indeed honestly asking that question about the grave attitude that seems to pervade most sports coverage. Thanks.

Posted by: Goat | January 4, 2007 3:01 PM | Report abuse