Gil on TNT
Since I never linked to this last week.....Gil takes on the TNT guys, and the following things happen:
1) He blows kisses to his fans, which sound like "Hmmmuh hmmmuh hmmmuh."
2) He's wearing a "Vote for Gilbert" t-shirt. Of all the great Gilbert t-shirts out there, that one is clearly not close to the best. At first I thought he might have The Hype's shirt on, which would have been tremendous. But I'll ask him where he got it.
3) "Portland, here I come," he says. "Agent Zero's coming." This is the sort of stuff that bloggers are getting sick of, I suppose, but it makes me want to see that game very much.
4) As I reported first last year, Gil's poker strategy is to see the flop no matter what. This is a strategy also employed by a member of the WaPo's sports department. It's an excellent strategy for losing tremendous amounts of money. Gil, c'mon; fold your junk and live to fight another day. Plus, there's really nothing more maddening than going up against one of these Arenas-like free-wheelers who happens to flop two 7's and a 3 when he's called a pre-flop raise with 7-3 off-suit. I hate those guys. In fact, I hate poker.
5) Gil says that, because of him, "basketball is entertaining again."
6) TNT calls Charles Barkley Agent 340. Seriously, we're nearing the point where, if my last name is Wizznut, I'm wondering how it is that I'm not making any money off all this Agent stuff.
The comments to this entry are closed.