Gil's an All-Star Starter

"A weird, good year," Gilbert calls it. And the best part of being an all-star starter, of course, is that he'll be able to do the Starters' Dance with Shaq.

The second-best part is that dude looks like the 7-year-old kids I just saw getting Chris Cooley's autograph, talking about how just two years ago he was trying to vote himself into the game and now he's actually starting.

The third-best part is that this dramatically increases the odds that I'm on a plane to Vegas in a couple weeks. Actually, that's probably the best part.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 25, 2007; 7:47 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Abe at the Safeway
Next: What You Need to Know

Comments

Dave you are a very good writer who captures the "quintessence" of Gil, if I may.

What delightful, boyish charm we saw in that clip. Kid in a candy store.

And what a delight for Washington. So many fans filling out ballots at games. We were all stubbornly adopting the underdog-not-gonna-take-it-anymore mentality.

It would have been a travesty of justice if Vince Carter beat him out. Frankly, I was assuming there'd be a travesty. So cool that there isn't.

Posted by: Nancy | January 25, 2007 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Dave-

I didn't know they let non-celebs. in Vegas? Goodluck playin' with the BIG KIDS-ha!

Did you hear Gil-was at G-Town last nite?!

Posted by: WGDC- | January 25, 2007 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Dave,
You are so much better writter than Agent Steinz. He smells of bog whereas you smell of bodinias (that's probably a flower!!!!)! Keep smelling it right,
wzntz
xoxoxo

Posted by: wizznutzz.com | January 25, 2007 9:36 PM | Report abuse

if they send you to vegas, just please tell us that what happens in vegas, *doesnt* stay in vegas.

Posted by: kwamebrownsucks.com | January 25, 2007 10:06 PM | Report abuse

I need to count how many times he says "you know" when he speaks! You gotta love Gilly!!

Posted by: G. | January 25, 2007 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Isn't the lovely Mrs. Bog like 11 months pregnant or something?

Posted by: jhorstma | January 26, 2007 7:40 AM | Report abuse

who is Dave?

hitachi!!

Posted by: pete | January 26, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Dave is Agent Steinbog's secret identity. To get the best quotes from unsuspecting Safeway shoppers he tells them his name is Dave Sternburg and he rights cheese articles for the times.

Posted by: Marc | January 26, 2007 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Take me and I can get a free suite at the Rio, Caesar's Palace, Harrah's, or the Flamingo. I don't actually need the rooms as I tend to play blackjack for 48hours straight and then pass out somewhere convenient.

Posted by: AlecW81 | January 26, 2007 12:36 PM | Report abuse