"My Swag Was Phenomenal"

Here's Gil last night, after the game. He went on like this for hours, but my video battery eventually conked out. That's what's causing the beeping noise at the end. But still, despite some dodgy camera work, this is worth your while. My favorite parts:

1) Antawn Jamison, from across the locker room, attempting to dispute Arenas's account of the final play. Gil isn't having it.

2) When Official Beat Writer Ivan Carter tries asking a question about his range, and Gil says "I don't know why this is a surprise to you guys now."

3) Gil's sweater. That's what DeShawn might call a "grown-man look."

4) "My swag was phenomenal."

Enjoy.

Editor: Jonathan Forsythe - washingtonpost.com, Reporter: Dan Steinberg - The Post

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 4, 2007; 9:47 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gilbert Arenas Has Phenomenal Swag
Next: LeBron and the Topless Lady

Comments

Wow. Gil and Brian Carroll have similar taste in sweaters.

Posted by: Kim | January 4, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

That right there is why so many Wiz fans have a man crush on Gil.

Posted by: kjb | January 4, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Can't see the video. All I get is a "Loading..." screen. Can someone put it on youtube? thanks.

Posted by: Bart | January 4, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

That's not true! He clearly is saying "Quality Shot" after he turns away, watch the replay!

Posted by: Zonker | January 4, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I can't see the video either..

Posted by: Tom | January 4, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Also can't see the video.

Posted by: JDS | January 4, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

GO! Gilbert, Keep going Agent-Zero
Skay is the limit.

Posted by: Thomas Deyagbo | January 4, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

What, no love for my quality shot follow up question? That was gold!

Posted by: leafblower | January 4, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Wait, what was the follow-up question? And where? Here? On the video?

Has anyone managed to get this on YouTube?

Posted by: Dan Steinberg | January 4, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

That was me that asked if Gil considered the game winner a quality shot at about the 3:09 mark.

Posted by: leafblower | January 4, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Nice work Steins! I was all set to complain about the video too, but it actually worked, first time. Usually it plays the stupid ad and then won't play the video. . . ANYWAYS, that was sweet. And here's the love for the quality shot follow up: Love.

When has a video of an interview been that good, ever? I'm thinking of what it's like here in Denver with Iverson. Every freakin' interview is like a postmortem - win or lose. The NBA needs to fly Gil around to teach some of these lugs to have a personality! MY SWAG WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!

Posted by: Ben | January 5, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

What is your name? Where do you live?

Posted by: Rafael | January 30, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse