Abe Steps Into Happyville
Did everyone see that interview with Abe Pollin Comcast has been running? (It's not on their site, but hopefully it will be soon....) Abe says he told Antawn Jamison the team needed to have a players-only meeting, and that he was most unhappy with Etan-Haywood
"It's resolved now," Abe said. "It will not happen again. Guarantee it."
Man, I wish I could have been there when Abe dressed down BTH and Etan. In fact, the Wiz have managed to make the past few days interesting enough that I'm trying to take a train to Philly for tonight's game. They're blogging gold even when they don't play. Other developments:
1) Eddie Jordan refers to Wiz-land as "Happyville."
2) Gilbert plans to wear a jersey at the all-star game that reads "Agent Zero" instead of "Arenas."
3) Boswell chimes in, calling Etan-Haywood "a pathetic playground-politics spectacle" and hinting that this team is doomed if the conflict doesn't get resolved, which I don't completely buy, since like I said, the team seemed to be fine two weeks ago and Etan and Haywood didn't like each other much then, either.
4) Mo Cheeks seems awfully worried that Gilbert will take out any lingering nine-point-frustration on the Blazers tonight.
5) Special Deputy Butler talks about being put in solitary confinement as a teenager.
6) Someone at the WashTimes (Tom Knott?) repeats the unsubstantiated claim that the Bog is popular. I guess there really was a sound justification for all those Washington Times links. The Times person (Knott?) also notes that some blog commenters here and there are turning on Gilbert.
7) Blazers fans dub Gilbert "Big Mouth Gil."
9) And a "geeky planner" and blogger from the Philippines responds to not getting a job by "doing my Gilbert Arenas bit" and planning a revenge tour? I mean, he's big in Portugal and the Philippines?
The comments to this entry are closed.