Caps Recruiting Lady Fans
Caps press release. Noted without comment:
WASHINGTON , D.C. - The Washington Capitals have teamed up with Comcast SportsNet and MIX 107.3 to host a special evening for female fans at Verizon Center. Hockey 'n Heels, slated to take place on Monday, Feb. 26 from 6-10 p.m., will give women the opportunity to head downtown for a girls night out.
Designed to target the Capitals female audience, Hockey 'n Heels is a special evening that will feature games, prizes and most importantly, hockey! The night kicks off with instructional sessions that will help introduce fans to hockey fundamentals, rules, equipment and get them familiar with the basic skills of the game. A locker room tour, on-ice demonstration and a question and answer session with Capitals' wives will make for a fast-paced and fun evening.
Members of the Caps coaching staff and broadcast team will also be in attendance at the event, alongside Comcast SportsNet's Jill Sorenson and Carol Maloney as well as MIX 107.3's Chilli Amar. The night's festivities will wrap-up with a cocktail party at Verizon Center 's Acela Club, featuring specialty drinks, hors d'oeuvres and Caps players.
Fans attending Hockey 'n Heels will receive special gifts as well as have the opportunity to win prizes including shopping sprees, spa gift certificates and autographed Caps items. Each person in attendance will also receive one ticket to the Capitals vs. Tampa Bay Lightning game on Thursday, March 1.
Wait, actually, I do have some comments.
1) Men also enjoy hors d'oeuvres.
2) Although you lost me on the shopping spreeds and spa gift certificates. (And why is it that the college kids get pizza, and the Hockey 'n Heels ladies get spa gift certificates? This feels very 20th century. For some good progressive 21st cenury fun, they should offer Hockey 'n Heels 'n Pizza 'n Wings night, and then make college kids wait out in the cold for spa gift certificates.)
3) Look, if Nancy the Wiz fan is any indication, you really, really, really need to run a "Best Dressed Capital" video contest on this night. Like, the event will crumble under its own weight if you don't do this. The Caps' wardrobes are a bit different than the Wiz--much more 9:30 Club than Love--but this would be well-received, no?
4) I want to ask the Capitals wives questions, but I've previously been discouraged from doing so. Do I need to pretend to be into the "girls night out" thing to ask them questions? Is this Q&A open to the media?
5) I wouldn't want to have to climb up to the top of the 400 levels in heels.
The comments to this entry are closed.