Free Wizards Ticket Madness
With this item, Reader Nancy goes from someone who posts frequent and many-worded comments to a member of the Bog Hall of Fame. For reasons that are completely beyond me (insanity, perhaps?), Nancy has decided to donate to the Bog two lower-level tickets she can't use for Thursday night's Sacramento Kings game. Bear in mind that she could just sell the tickets and pocket the money. This is really beyond the call of Reader duty. Anyhow, Nancy writes:
They come with a coupon for a free beer and a picture with a Wizards dancer.... If you'd like me to give them away as a prize on the Bog for some contest -- I'd be happy to do that, providing the contest winner would agree to meet me at the [name redacted] Metro Wednesday eve to pick up the two tickets....I was thinking of a good cause for these tickets, and your Bog counts as a good cause. Just lemme know.
Wow. Unreal, right?
The contest: In 50 words or less, What would you say to Gilbert Arenas if you had a moment of his time?
Post your answers below. How we will verify the actual winner is a challenge we'll confront when the time comes.
The Nancy Rules:
1. General Bog rules apply.
2. Judging is done at the sole discretion of Reader Nancy, who will judge mostly randomly, possibly while drunk, and with extensive input from her cats. "Life is unfair." No whining.
3. You don't have to be witty or informative or fascinating -- you could just be a Caps fan who uses this contest an excuse to post something emotionally needy about how your sport is not getting enough attention. But if you do that, we'll just ignore your entry and feel sorry for you. (But seriously Caps fans are totally in the running for this -- we won't discriminate if you want to be funny.)
4. What is it you'll say to Gil? A question? A comment? Advice? A poem? Don't know. You decide. "Everybody's got something."
5. You can enter up to three times. We have no way of checking this. Honor our wishes. Posting under your real name or something approximating it would theoretically make it easier for us to verify the winner.
6. This contest is being done by a Bog reader and is not sponsored by WashPost. They're not like liable or responsible for this silliness in any way. The Bog is sponsoring this contest because, from Reader Nancy's comments thus far, she seems just crazy enough to actually give away free lower-level NBA tickets. If you're entering, you're blindly trusting that she's serious enough to actually meet you at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the [name redacted] Metro station to give you these tickets. [Ed. note: Yes, Nancy is using both the plural first-person and the third person in her Rules.]
7. If your entry is particularly witty, you may write longer.
8. Contest "closes" for judging at 2 p.m. Wednesday. You can post in the thread thereafter, but such entries won't be judged. [At least by Nancy. History will still judge you, though.]
9. Don't ask for more clarification on the rules or what the judge is looking for. It's a Bog -- roll with it!
10. Have fun!
Seriously, the only catch is you have to agree to meet either Nancy or me at the [name redacted] Metro station Wednesday night, and you have to hope that neither of us winds up being a mass murderer carrying a meat cleaver, in addition to Wiz tickets. To me, it's a risk worth taking.
There's also a strong chance I'll try to take a photo of you during Thursday night's game.
The comments to this entry are closed.