Gil Charges Teammates to Come to Super Bowl Party
Wow, Gil's blog, out of control. As previously noted, this blog is really just a phone interview conducted by, I believe, an NBA.com staffer. So really it's like an exclusive online only once-a-week interview. But no matter. Today's is an all-time great. Just go read it yourself. But if you'd rather have an edited version, here are the highlights:
1) When he heard he made the all-star team, he woke up his daughter so they could dance, and she was laughing, although really she was crying, "but I considered it laughing."
2) He also called his dad. "All I did was call him and hit him with a quick, 'Haha, I'm a starter,' and clicked off." This reminds me of when Gil calls his cell phone and fills up the voice mail by saying "It's me." "This is Gilbert." "It's me." "It's Gilbert." That might be my favorite Arenas story ever.
3) Re: his new mouthguard: "I couldn't even hear myself. I'm over there slurring and spitting and I was like, 'Man, how do guards do this? How can anybody understand them?'"
4) He crushed Roger Mason in a three-point shooting contest. He made him look like a high schooler. He even shot some one-handed. Then he told Roger he needs to take 10,000 more shots for practice. Even though everyone on the team was betting on Mason. "And they all got bar-bee-quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeedd, ye-yeah!"
5) Gil doesn't watch football, but he decided to hold a Super Bowl party, and he told his teammates that "they can come in for the low, low price of $14.99!"
I mean, no, we do not get sick of this. Why would we get sick of this? NBA action might be fantastic, but there aren't many NBA games on during the afternoon, and if instead of shuffling paper we can read about Gil charging his teammates $14.9 to come to his house for a Super Bowl party, why wouldn't we?
Posted by: Nancy | February 1, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Ian | February 1, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Nancy | February 1, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: AV | February 1, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Nancy | February 1, 2007 5:39 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Ian | February 1, 2007 5:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Steven | February 1, 2007 10:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WGDC- | February 1, 2007 11:31 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: pete | February 2, 2007 8:53 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Nancy | February 2, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 2, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.