Gil Goes Gray

At least, the early word is that Gil will wear gray Gil Zeros tonight. I'll have photos tomorrow.

Also, while there will be no best-dressed contest tonight, our friends who work for the Wizards have posted a photo gallery and a poll of last week's fashion show. I love the way they cater to my whims. Thanks, Wizards. Based on the tepid response today, it would appear that none of you care how the Wizards dress. If that's the case, you're all stupid.

What a photo gallery. What a team.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 5, 2007; 6:25 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Hoops Poll Week Nine: D.C Doesn't Rule
Next: What You Need to Know

Comments

I care Dan, I care.

Tuff sure knows how to make the colors pop (of course thanks to wifey..) and Darius Songaila looks like Bryan Colangelo.. and not just because they're both white! (though that helps.. :P)

Posted by: TheHype | February 5, 2007 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Stupid is as stupid does...or doesn't.

Posted by: jr | February 5, 2007 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Gil needs to wear the money green ones. The gray zeroes are messing up his Hibachi Shui.

Posted by: Gack | February 5, 2007 9:58 PM | Report abuse

I care!

I voted for CB3.

In fact, here's my lexical ordering:

1. Caron Butler. Perfect! (Andrea, YOU ROCK. No man could do this on his own!)

2. Donnel Taylor. Very very good. Good color, good fabric.

3. Roger Mason. Nice! Note the accessory too. Stylish.

4. Jarvis Hayes. Ah, finally a good look at the pants. It all works.

5. Andre Blatche: can we talk? This is pretty good, but the more I think about it, I'm not so sure about that white t-shirt with it.

6. Darius Songaila: this is Very Good for a Washington business meeting, but only Good for NBA dress code. Lacks zing. (ahem, note I did not say "flavor")

7. Michael Ruffin. Ah, man, we see a lot of your wardrobe and you often do better than this. Rust with grey? Nuh-uh.

8. James Lang. Can we TALK? Were you like even TRYING? Get yourself a good lawyer and block them from taking another photo like this? LOL -- no, not that bad. But really not very formal at all, and no much style in the casual to make up for it. You're a good-looking dude: DRESS LIKE IT!

Posted by: Nancy | February 5, 2007 10:25 PM | Report abuse

P.S. With my keen grasp of the obvious, I note the absence of Antonio Daniels.

Donnell, your stuff was real good. You gave CB a run for his money.

Hmm, the poll results have Mason ahead of Taylor. I dunno, Mason's a more formal note but execution is perfect with Taylor. I'll concede it's close.

Michael Ruffin, I didn't check the poll results before ordering my list: I promise you it's that rust thing you're wearing.

Posted by: Nancy | February 5, 2007 10:33 PM | Report abuse

Washington Wizards is having 50 people vote per half hour in the time frame 10:15 to 10:45 pm. Popular poll.

Dan, Washington Wizards should pay you a marketing consultant's fee.

Posted by: Nancy | February 5, 2007 10:39 PM | Report abuse

I must say, D-Song is about my speed in terms of what I wear when I'm not totally slumming the jeans and hoodie.

Tuff Juice is my man, but come on Nancy, he looks like Carlton Banks right there :D

Donnell is such a dead ringer for ER's Mekhi Phifer it always freaks me out. ( http://www.nbc.com/ER/cast/mekhi_phifer.shtml ) I dig the no-tie look, and the sweater/pocket square help turn it up a notch.

Roger is rocking the NBA MBA look. Somebody give him a pair of little wire glasses and a Tanqueray and we're talkin to Tony Sinclair, baby!

Posted by: Gack | February 5, 2007 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, looks like Big Mike Ruffin raided Glenn Consor's closet for this one.

Is Gil's swag so phenomenal that he isn't allowed to participate?

Posted by: Gack | February 5, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Gack, I'll spot you that Mason maybe belongs in second rather than Donnell Taylor. Close. Online webpoll - now approaching 500!! -- puts Mason ahead.

But, uh-uh, CB3 doesn't look like Carlton Banks. That's a bright red. That's a clever and pushy use of color. And that's not a banker's suit. Go to the Washingtonwizards.com to see the pants that go with it. Those are seriously interesting pants -- baggy and yet very styled. It's a rad color and a rad suit. Carlton Banks (which by the way, we're showing our age huh?) wouldn't recognize this as a suit.

Posted by: Nancy | February 5, 2007 11:21 PM | Report abuse

Caron all the way. Runner up goes to Donell!

Posted by: G. | February 5, 2007 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, I'm chuckling over here just imagining a little Tom Jones playing and Caron doing "The Carlton".

And then suddenly getting serious, shoving me in the chest with an elbow and dunking on me.

Posted by: Gack | February 5, 2007 11:28 PM | Report abuse

You should be in the line-up in the Tortilla Chip suit!

Posted by: WGDC- | February 6, 2007 12:52 AM | Report abuse

I gotta go with Donell.

Posted by: Sean | February 6, 2007 1:43 AM | Report abuse

James Lang is the gumpiest looking NBA player I've seen in a while. He looks friendly, though: like a peach colored Grimace.

Posted by: Keynote | February 6, 2007 1:51 AM | Report abuse

@#$@#, Keynote, tell us what you really think!

You know, I'm not sure the players all had "notice" that their photo might be taken. James Lang is a handsome dude and I'm sure he has better days.

Sean, I'm with you on Donnell. I'm surprised he's not number two in the voting. Maybe it's the pants?

Posted by: Nancy | February 6, 2007 7:17 AM | Report abuse

I must have those shoes. I admit I freaked out a bit when I saw them.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 6, 2007 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Gil started the game in a white pair with blue I believe. The originals. He changed to grey at halftime. Unfortunately, didn't really help him. But damn, they are sweet looking shoes.

Posted by: WP | February 6, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

3 words:
Roger Mason Jr. _ Have to respect the clothes horse - now he just has to protect the rock.

Posted by: Clockwork grape | February 6, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Dan writes: If that's the case, you're all stupid.

See, guys, he loves us, the bog readers. He says that 'cause he cares.

But now that we have 15 posts, perhaps we're somewhat sentient . . . .

Over 600 votes on the washingtonwizards.com poll.

Posted by: Nancy | February 6, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Where can we get all of these alternate shoe colors???

Posted by: AV | February 6, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Nancy - I'm not paying 'Berg squat - I do that guy enough blog-related favors....(go ahead Bogger - Deny It!)

Posted by: WizDotCom | February 6, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

AV - You can find most of the Gil Zero colors at eastbay.com. They don't seem to have the black & gold & green "Urban" version though, but adidas.com does...

Posted by: Josh | February 6, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Roger Mason is always wizznutzz best dressed.!!!!!!! He is machosensual and metrosensible.
even at gilberts 25th he dressed better than gilbert who looked like he wuz a greeter at the Happy Feet premiere!!!!!
i wish they had this contest when Party John was still inn town. How i loved those Burlap drawers!

Posted by: Darvin | February 6, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Josh and Unsilent...I must have the greys!!!

After my first choice of green of course, which I can't afford due to it being 199$...

Posted by: AV | February 6, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

The greys:

Posted by: Keynote | February 6, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Props to Caron on the Kappa red and all and RM Jr. killing the LV manpurse, if he had a haircut i'd put him at the tops. But I must say, Jarvis looks so clean in Khaki/Beige-Tan combination I admit i have abit of a crush on him after looking at this pic. Thats my top 3, DT looks admirable in the suit jacket and jeans very collegiate-professional.

PSST - James Lang, call me so I can hook you up with a belt and an iron.

Posted by: Rida | February 6, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Just thought of this fun lil equation:

RM Jr - suit coat, tie, and manpurse + sweater vest, bowtie and umbrella = Farsworth Bentley!

Posted by: rida | February 6, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Dan! Dan!

I have created a jpg of what the share of the vote is (in piechart form) if Butler is removed from the voting. I thought it might cheer the guys up -- 'cause, y'know, their numbers seem so low when he's in the mix. (Kinda, ahem, like the box score.)

So here it at

As of mark 5:20 pm today, this is what the pie chart distribution on good dressing looks like if you remove Butler. Everyone does get a piece of the pie, although Lang's is quite small.

Such a Washington thing to do!

Posted by: Nancy | February 6, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse