Important Sports Results

(Since this site seems to be sorta popular, I figured maybe I could rip off his "last night" format. And since my editor's on vacation, he can't complain about the lack of 50 bunched-up links every morning, which, let's be honest, just gives you a headache. And me.)

Local No. 1 Georgetown beats Louisville: Hibbert and Green combine for 36 and 18, Hoyas win sixth straight.

Local No. 7 ODU beats Georgia State: With tourney talk growing, 18-7 Monarchs also win sixth straight.

Spurs crush Wizards: Another top team from the West, another blowout loss.

Quote: "Thank God, I don't have to get on an airplane." Marvin Austin's father, after the Ballou DT signed with North Carolina instead of USC.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 8, 2007; 8:34 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Hoops Poll Week Nine: Additional Pithy Comments
Next: Wizards on Tying Ties

Comments

no. 11 william and mary beats jmu. with tourney talk growing (stifles laughter), the 13-11 tribe move to within 1.5 games of george mason for 5th place in the caa. the pre-season odds of the tribe being within shouting distance of the patriots were longer than those on pistons bloggers being able to write in complete sentences.

Posted by: rob | February 8, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I demand the Royal We!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 8, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Can we officially end the Jarvis Hayes era in Washington? The guy is shooting 39.3% for the season, which is awfully close to his career average of 39.8%.

We've noticed the "Jarvis rule" and it's a powerful tool. You can determine what Jarvis will do within half a second of receiving the ball. If he doesn't immediately swing the ball or feed the post, he's jacking it up. And, sadly, 60% of the time it ain't going in.

Posted by: bryc3 | February 8, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to point out that the Baltimore Sun's Football Offensive Player of the year Mr. Scott Noble signed with JMU yesterday.

They also signed D.J. Bryant from Randallstown High and list his position as Athlete. Is that an offensive or defensive position?

Posted by: Marc | February 8, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

This is a change for the good, Agent Steinz.

Posted by: Jamie Mottram | February 8, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

What's the over-under on crazy lady astronaut pithy comments in next week's poll?

Posted by: Bill Fitzgerald | February 8, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I thought the Caps are back in town???

Posted by: Whats Up | February 8, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Over/Under? It depends!

Posted by: badpun | February 8, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

What's the word on Nicky getting traded again?

Posted by: Marc | February 8, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

i miss my morning headache.

Posted by: kwamebrownsucks.com | February 8, 2007 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Nowak is the new spokeswoman for Oops I Crapped My Pants brand: "I'm wearing one, and I just did!"

Posted by: NASA | February 8, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Do you even know what hockey is anymore?! I'm sadly, disappointed. You have so many things you could blog about with the Capitals... such as Brian Pothier's post-concussion halluncinations.

Posted by: Ian | February 8, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Caps are now 2-0-1 in their last three, inching back towards playoff contention.

Posted by: FS | February 9, 2007 8:42 AM | Report abuse