We Are The Redskins

Gotta figure this thing has made the blogging rounds for years, but I can verify that I personally have never seen it, and so I'll go ahead post this, asking only what happened to the days when mustachioed football players wore tight jeans and white sneakers and arm wrestled in the air, Redskins fans congregated on the Mall to sing inspirational songs by the monuments, physically handicapped people were prominently featured in team promos and Joe Theismann made loud pronouncements that were meant to sound profound but instead sounded sorta funny. Ok, what happened to the first three things, anyhow.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 23, 2007; 5:04 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Hoops Poll Week 12: Additional Pithy Comments
Next: Georgetown. Maryland. American.

Comments

oh my god. oh my god. i can't believe i have gone my entire life not having seen this. thank you. everything has changed now. oh my god.

Posted by: tn | February 23, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse

wow.................WOW!! and i thought the "That's the reason i'm a Bullet's Fan" video was the greatest youtube find.. (YouTube is the greatest invention since the remote control, btw)

and about 20-25 seconds in, is that former Lt Governor Michael Steele clapping his hands?

Posted by: hmmmmm | February 23, 2007 6:06 PM | Report abuse

i don't miss line dancing

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 23, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

correct if me I'm wrong but that one dude in crowd early closeup looks like a young Michael Steele who was lt governor of maryland. Has to be!

Posted by: stick | February 23, 2007 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Great memories, great video.

Posted by: Mark | February 23, 2007 7:44 PM | Report abuse

one star

Posted by: pete | February 23, 2007 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Charles Mann used to be sooo hot....in fact he still is.

Stick, you are right....that was Michael Steele....without a doubt.

Posted by: Lisa | February 23, 2007 11:30 PM | Report abuse

This IS the "Thanks to the 12th Man video" I referenced in the You the Man post! This was done when the Skins celebrated their 50th anniversary. Great Stuff!!!

Posted by: Gary Digital Williams | February 24, 2007 7:52 AM | Report abuse

god i miss the 80's. hahahaha

Posted by: 2/3rds | February 25, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

I def had to breakout my VHS copy of the video after I watched this. The actual video is longer with more highlights and some bloopers at the end.

Posted by: JackPitt | February 25, 2007 9:07 PM | Report abuse

i have this video-- and YES-- that's totally Michael Steele! awesome.

Posted by: betaversion | February 25, 2007 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Jebus, Jeff Bostic had a strong moustache. How did he not get the role of George Popadopoulous on Webster?

Posted by: Mustafa Redonkulous | February 25, 2007 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Too bad it doesn't have any rapping from The Squire...

Posted by: frenchy | February 26, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

The slow motion jumping high five at the end is clutch.

Posted by: Skin Patrol | February 26, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I suppose this is in response to the Bears Super Bowl Shuffle.

I am so getting one of the big wind socks for my truck!

Posted by: Ken Blazek | February 26, 2007 8:36 PM | Report abuse