Wizards Employ Jamie Foxx

Reader Adam wisely reminded me last night that people at Deadspin and the 700 Level were working themselves into a lather identifying courtside NBA all-star game celebs. Reader Adam also wisely noted that one well-dressed young black man with a great seat was identified on Flickr as "Jamie Foxx, ghost-writing Stephen A. Smith's next column on his BlackBerry."

Whether or not the author of that caption was joking, Reader Adam also wisely pointed out that the person identified as Jamie Foxx was actually Wizards PR ace Daren Jenkins, who is now averaging approximately two Bog mentions per week. I asked Daren about this last night, just to make sure, and he confirmed that he was, in fact, the photo's so-called Jamie Foxx.

See, that's the kind of roll the Wizards are on in the blogosphere; even the fake celebrity captions wind up implicating D.C.'s favorite franchise somehow.

Daren is to the right of that bald man walking briskly toward the ball persons.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 23, 2007; 11:31 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: German Sports Blog
Next: Wizards Inspire More Rhymes

Comments

vcbffh

Posted by: dfgdgdgdfgdg | February 23, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

3rd Runner Up, 1993 Where's Waldo National Tournament, Mid Atlantic region. Don't hate.

Posted by: Adam | February 23, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Implicating DC's Favorite Franchise? I don't see United mentioned anywhere in there...

Posted by: ALecW81 | February 23, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"D.C.'s favorite franchise"

I can't stop fixating on that. I also can't disagree with it. While not a DC team by name they are DC's most representative and/or popular team. The Redskins feel more and more like a "Washington" team every year.
//my favorite is DC United

Posted by: sitruc | February 23, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

"what happens in vegas stays in vegas" and you weren't in vegas!!!

Posted by: WGDC- | February 24, 2007 1:25 AM | Report abuse

by far, he is my favorite public relations person

Posted by: terps | March 9, 2007 4:35 PM | Report abuse