Random thoughts from a quarantined basketball writer
- Left the room only once today to buy a Coke and lunch... must finish story for Sunday.... feeling kinda gross
- Colonials looked pretty good last night. Makes you wonder what could have happened this season if they looked this tough every night.
- A sign outside of my room reads "CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS." Of course, it's kind of hard to see from here because it's covered by one of the four massive towers my hotel/casino.
- Did you know Clarence Thomas graduated from Holy Cross? Thank you ESPN.
- You just knew that there was NO WAY that Miami could beat Boston College. NO WAY. Of course, I would have said that 'bout Maryland.
- No. 3 GW plays No. 7 Saint Louis tonight. STL beat GW earlier this year and is probably a slightly more talented team. Still, St. Louis was streaky in the regular season and landed this horrid seed.
- Atlantic City is a much larger, dirtier Reno with lots of expensive blackjack tables and not enough budget ones like you'd find at the CircusCircus on Virginia Street.
- Still, the view of the Atlantic Ocean is kind of cool, although it's not the one I'm used to. Then again, I'm not used to seeing factories churn out smoke 24/7. Thank you, New Jersey!
- I so called Miss. State beating Kentucky, although it will be sad if Tubby Smith gets fired on account of a freak play.
- Went out last night with a couple of the guys from the GW Hatchet. Future editor Jake Sherman did his dead-on impression of GW athletic director Jack Kvancz, watched a man who shouldn't have been drinking make an ass of himself at Hooters and then hit the craps and blackjack tables, where I coached young Jake into some extra cash while throwing my own money away...
- Boardwalk Hall is a cool place for a basketball game. The place looks like a giant airplane hanger that they decorated in the 1930s, but somehow it works out.
- I read down below that Prisbell and Kilgore are thinking of having dinner with the elusive Patrick Stevens. Make sure to ask him to do the Lord Groh and Waylan Smithers impersonations!
- Somehow I doubt that Bobby Knight is in as good a mood as he was in yesterday.
- For the record: Jason Cain's mustache is holding up a lot better than Boom Osby's 'fro, which to me is still the upset of the year.
- Nevada guard Kyle Shiloh slipped on a giant halfcourt logo and tweaked his hammy. He would return in time for the NCAAs. Nevada Coach Mark Fox is annoyed.
- Going to Boardwalk Hall to catch some of the other semifinal game. Xavier vs. Rhode Island. I say Muskateers by 15.
Posted by: goodstuff | March 10, 2007 12:39 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: AlecW81 | March 10, 2007 2:47 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Ryan | March 10, 2007 9:00 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Vincent | March 10, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: DANCEDANCEDANCE | March 10, 2007 9:12 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: LET'S GO GEE DUB!!! | March 11, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.