Something New

Wow, that last post had been there for a while. So, um, anyone want to guess the women's Final Four? Or take another stab at the men's Final Four? Or the Wizards' playoff seeding? Or the ETA for the Caps in the playoffs? Or the number of ounces a typical newborn gains in a typical week?

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 21, 2007; 10:02 PM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Remember the Alamo!
Next: Practice day in St. Louis

Comments

I'm going with Looly Wise's Final Four!!!

Posted by: WGDC- | March 21, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

>Or the number of ounces a typical newborn gains in a typical week?

Does this include beard weight or you mean after shaving?

I expect Dana and me baby arrive in 2 months!!! He already big like fire and Hot PLate Williams. He already has sandwich tucked in amniotic fear pouch!!!!

Love,
Jarkko

Posted by: www.wizznutzz.com | March 22, 2007 12:02 AM | Report abuse

What about number of times BabyBog will be showed off at BogTV?

Exploit your child Steinz! As early as possible XD

Posted by: TheHype | March 22, 2007 12:22 AM | Report abuse

AGENT ZERO!

Posted by: AIJ | March 22, 2007 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Marist wins it all. (women). West Virginia too (NIT). no idea (men...but probably UNC, Florida or Kansas. maybe georgetown. ucla outside chance. unlv would be neat.)

Posted by: The Big Picture | March 22, 2007 1:54 AM | Report abuse

My final 4 are still alive, so I'm good - for now.

Posted by: The Iceman | March 22, 2007 2:16 AM | Report abuse

Unrelated to this post but.. you wore the hat! Awesome!

Posted by: misschatter | March 22, 2007 8:07 AM | Report abuse

21 ounces, also the weight of standard-sized basketball.

Posted by: jmc89 | March 22, 2007 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, the hat was needed, and added a certain charm last night. And since when do you get kicked out for Keith Glass's interview?

P.S. Manny Acta thinks you called him old, or something. I can't wait for baseball season.
P.P.S. Who do you think are the 3 or 4 clubhouse volume enforcers he mentioned?

Posted by: smperk | March 22, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

You seem to be out and about a lot. Are you making The Checkout do all the baby-tending?

Posted by: Lindemann | March 22, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I too would like to offer kudos on the use of the Hat last night...

Posted by: GTB | March 22, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Steinz!

I heard Scotty Ferral and his coancher talking about WaPo Live on their radio show (He's on Howard Sterns Channel on Sirius)

You even got a plug. I believe they said "They have that bald guy on who does the internet stuff. He's just sitting there on his keyboard - go back to the internet dude."

Though I laughed, I was pumped you guys are getting some exposure.

I love WaPo Live on CSN. Even have my own drinking game. Anytime Steinz actually makes eye contact with the camera engaging the audience, I finish a bottle of Corn Whiskey and reenact Saddam's hanging.

Just kidding buddy - Cheers

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | March 22, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I like how they treat you like some outlandish 5 year old child on wapo live. OH HE'S WEARING THE HAT, SILLY STEINBERG. HA HA HA

Posted by: Ian | March 22, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

meta

Posted by: BlueberryRuffin | March 22, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so I finally just caught up on 3 nights worth of WPL... That bit with Manny Acta was hilarious! And the presidents race on Bog TV was awesome! I wonder if Marc screamed like a girl when he saw it? hee

Posted by: misschatter | March 22, 2007 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Oh I screamed.

Posted by: Marc aka MDG | March 22, 2007 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Wizards lose in the first round again against the Cavaliers. 4 vs. 5

Posted by: Tauhidul Hoque | March 23, 2007 3:16 AM | Report abuse

Finally got the DVR going last night for WPL. Bog TV was clearly the best part of that show, and the BogMaster had way too little air-time. The bit with Steinz in the lockerooms getting brackets filled out was something like a TV version of a less-dorky Elie Seckbach. Great Stuff. Also, the Posties in suits looked way more awkward than the bog attire.

One thing the show needed more of is John Thompson. We really don't get hear from him enough here in D.C. Between the three hour radio show, his NBA work on TNT, and every other media outlet, I was so glad that the show led with JTII so that I could hear what he really thinks - the guy just needs an outlet, he is so eloquent.

Posted by: Redonkulous Linker | March 23, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Any mention of Hot Plate Williams still makes me laugh. Outstanding post.

Posted by: Food | March 23, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I bet a friend before last season that the Caps win a Cup before the Penguins... KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!

Posted by: Rob | March 23, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Good thing Rob is on here...I thought I might be the only caps fan. I'm guessing 3 years. No science behind that guess - Simply optimism

Posted by: Scott | March 23, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Steinz,

If you are on tonight with Bettman, I have a few suggestions:

1) When is your contract up?

2) Well, if your contract isnt up untill 2011, how much would the NHL have to pay you to leave?

3) Do you even play hockey?

4) Are you a nanobot?

I suggest your start with the robot question to get things off on the right foot.

Posted by: LB | March 23, 2007 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I feel like I'm being personally attacked by the Bog today. I'm the women's hoops SID at UNC, so I've got the Colonials tonight after the men tangle with the Hoyas. And my tennis team played the Terps on Friday...get out of my kitchen Bog!

Posted by: Bobby | March 25, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse