Stuff to think about just before climbing into the car only to get stuck behind a dangerously bad Virginia driver on the Beltway...
- Atlantic 10 conference awards come out today and once again GW point guard Carl Elliott gets the shaft. The senior from Brooklyn set career-highs in points (13.0), rebounds (5.0) and assists (5.2) while leading an overachieving 20-win Colonials team that lost a ton of talent from last season. He's started all four years and it's shocking that he's never earned a first-team bid, even after opposing coaches (ie: Saint Joseph's Phil Martelli) spent most of this season drooling over him.
- In what universe should guys like this get to rip on Tubby Smith so badlyl? At least this overzealous fan is somewhat honest about his own stupidity.
- Osby's afro as enjoyed a fine season, coming on steadily after missing an early season game when it was replaced with much cleaner looking, though ineffective, cornrows. Meanwhile, Cain's mustache has made a case for Sixth Man of the Year honors, coming off the bench to help the 'Hoos to a stellar regular season, all while moonlighting as a stage security guard on The Jerry Springer Show.
- Opening line on game one, as set by my Vegas buddy Tim the Lefty: Osby's Afro -2
- Just how good is the Nevada Wolf Pack (spelled with two words, not one) you ask? Apparently even Nevada's waterboy had a chance to pick up all-conference honors.
- It's 4:30, people. Only three hours until the start of the Sun Belt semifinals!
Posted by: littles | March 5, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: N to the izzo, V to the izzay | March 5, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Chest Rockwell | March 5, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Andrew Alberg | March 5, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.