A Question

While waiting for someone to either remove this feature or demand I again start linking to the Washington Times here, I'll ask the following question: Does Nook Logan's history of injuries doom the Nats' playoff chances this year?

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 3, 2007; 7:24 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From the Clubhouse
Next: Blog Show, Version II

Comments

Undoubtedly. It's a race to the bottom now.

He saves at least 2 runs per game with his glove, if not more -- or at least that's what Bob Carpenter tells me.

With the injuries to Guzman and Logan, we've got a good chance of putting our optimal lineup out there for once.

Posted by: Chris | April 3, 2007 8:46 AM | Report abuse

The injuries to Logan and Guzman indeed allow us to get our best offensive team on the field. Since our pitchers are going to need all the help they can get, though, I'm not sure if the marginal gain outweighs the marginal loss.

Posted by: Lindemann | April 3, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I give you permission not to post Wash Times links until Football Season.

Posted by: Skin Patrol | April 3, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

speaking of guzman and marginal gains, i'd like to congratulate him on getting back down to his playing weight of 280 pounds. well done, sir.

Posted by: bryc3 | April 3, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

The fact that we're talking about Nook Logan (injured or not) is an indicator of no playoffs.

Posted by: Kim | April 3, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Jim Mora says:

PLAYoffs?! You want to talk about... PLAYoffs?! Are you kidding me? PLAYoffs?!

Posted by: smperk | April 3, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

This organization has doom already and PLAYOFFS aren't even worthy of addressing.

Posted by: caphcky | April 3, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm actually surprised Guzman lasted as long as he did...

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

You guys are no negative. We're only one game back!

Posted by: Alan | April 3, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

speaking of negative, who gets a win first, TR or Nats?

Posted by: CreditZard | April 3, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I say the Nats get the win before Teddy, but man! who wants to climb up rickety old RFK!!!!

One hell of a triple by Zimmerman, but no dinger, so that guy didn't win the trip anywhere thanks to SouthWest.
Screech couldn't shoot a t-shirt to save his life.
Let's just hope when the Chief gets on the mound he has better luck!

Good seeing ya at the game Dan.
I'm ready for some Boswell soakin, problem is he knows my face!

Posted by: Sway the Irishman | April 3, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Sway,

Why wait for Water Wars II? Just get him now. That way he'll be all jumpy by the time Roche rolls out the new game.

Posted by: Kim | April 3, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Playoffs. Playoffs?
We're talking about playoffs.
Not games. Not what happens out there on the field.
But playoffs? Playoffs.

Posted by: the cheat | April 3, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: the cheat | April 3, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

With Nook Logan, the Nats' playoff chances are roughly similar to my chances of dating Uma Thurman. Without Nook, their playoff chances are similar to my chances of marrying her.

Posted by: Vincent | April 3, 2007 11:38 PM | Report abuse

DS, tis about darn time u starting using images and youtube

Posted by: thigh master | April 4, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Ever since Nook was outed as a major Dallas Cowgirls fan, I've been waiting for this day. Good riddance, and welcome Cory Kasto!

Now, please keep any Texas-related rooting interests to yourself.

Posted by: Nook Hater | April 4, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the Nats could use this guy: http://attaboy.ca/archives/2007/02/000986.php

Posted by: Patty | April 4, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I wish there was a NY-style tabloid in D.C., because on tomorrow's back page, we would see this headline, a tribute to the Marx Brothers after Matt Chico goes 4-plus and gives up at least five runs:

"CHICO: ATSA NO GOOD"

Posted by: Vincent | April 4, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Kory Casto = Clutch Hit, Nats win in bottom of 9th.

Bravo!

Now back to regularly scheduled WNBA draft bog.

Posted by: Nook Hater | April 4, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Times links plz.

Posted by: Sherm | April 5, 2007 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Nook, Josh Gros, Alex Semin, Magic iPod, the Wizards.....all hurt in fairly quick succession.

Guzman was a given, but the others are disappointing to say the least.

Posted by: Kim | April 5, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Can the Boo-hooing stop now? Please.

Between the Insiders (Skins, Wiz) and the Bog, I'm about ready to give up on Sports, move to Dancing With the Jerks, and then jump off the roof of my office.

Don't let that happen DC!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | April 6, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

No, the fact that the Nationals suck dooms their playoff chances.

Posted by: Goose | April 6, 2007 9:20 PM | Report abuse