Gil Updates Blog From Hospital

Live from Sibley. Classic; doesn't return Ivan Carter's calls, but updates his blog. What a hoot. Please read. Highlights:

* He doesn't remember the surgery because he was knocked out.

* Caron came to visit him at the hospital with his broken hand.

* The worst part was that his Internet went down last night so he couldn't play video games. That's what he plans on doing while he's hurt: play video games.

* He was late to yesterday's shootaround because of traffic.

* "I told them to cut the leg off a couple times. You know, cut it off and then bring it back to me when it was all healed. Because, you know, Heather Mills on Dancing with the Stars, she had that leg. I was saying I could borrow one of those and finish out the season. But they wasn't going for that."

* He'll still give out 20,000 jerseys and 6,000 Gil Zeros.

* Coach Colangelo called and they were gonna have a detente thing, but then the injury happened, but USA basketball sent a baby outfit for AAA.

Really, obviously, you need to go read this. Yes, I'm writing this from the Comcast SportsyNet set.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 5, 2007; 6:09 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: I Attempt to Cheer You Up, Big-Time
Next: An Image to Cheer You Up

Comments

yea, he actually wrote that from the set ...

Posted by: littles | April 5, 2007 6:16 PM | Report abuse

That, as well as the last post, put a smile on my face.

Posted by: Pradamaster | April 5, 2007 8:01 PM | Report abuse

unbelievable...what gullible suckers

Posted by: Anonymous | April 6, 2007 12:29 AM | Report abuse

You wrote from the set! You still love us!

Yeah, I read Gilbert's blog and it's like so obviously fantastic.

Late / traffic . . . . Hmmmm . . . . I'm not sure that make sense to me. Clear Coach Eddie's been breaking some glass and setting down some rules have game before last. Perhaps GA felt wounded by some friendly fire. One has to worry whether the failure to warm up could have contributed to the injury.

The worst part, LOL.

Posted by: Nancy | April 6, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

This is mental... the Wiz can do it!

Posted by: Wizards Fan | April 6, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

i read the blog and it brought a smile to mey face. I still believe that the wizards should keep hope alive. jamison is a good player and so is steveson.
keep hope alive