More Wiz Pessimism

I tried to keep a brave face over the past few days, but when put on the spot, well, I wasn't so brave no more. The Now-Official Washington Wizards blog got some media persons to predict how the Wiz would fare over the final eight, and I said 3-5. As it turned out, that was a popular response. The predictions:

Michael Wilbon, ESPN Analyst/Washington Post Columnist: 4-4

Lindsay Czarniak, NBC4 Sports Anchor: 4-4
Chick Hernandez, Comcast SportNet Anchor/Host: 3-5
Joseph White, Writer - AP: 3-5
Ivan Carter, Writer - Washington Post: 3-5
Dan Steinberg, Blogger/Writer/TV Personality: 3-5

This was my breakdown: vs. Cleveland (L, correct), at New Jersey (L, correct), vs. New Jersey (W), at Miami (L), at Atl (W), vs. Chicago (L), vs Orlando and at Indiana (1-1). That's 3-5. That would almost certainly be good enough to keep the sixth seed, for what that's worth, and would be good for a 42-40 record, identical to last year's. Also, bear in mind that the preseason over-under for Wiz wins was 39.5. That might be interesting.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 7, 2007; 11:51 AM ET
Categories:  What You Need to Know
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Final Thoughts
Next: Blog Show, Take Three, Now With Less Face Time!

Comments

You are missing Looly Wise's predictions!!!

Posted by: WGDC- | April 7, 2007 9:44 PM | Report abuse

0-8

Posted by: underbiteman | April 9, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

8-0

Posted by: DC Optimist | April 9, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I mean, 6-0.

Posted by: DC Optimist | April 9, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link!

Posted by: WizDotCom | April 9, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

0-3 thus far, I predict 2-6.

We'll loose Daniels next though, his wreckless abandon has to have an "end game."

Maybe we can take a little more stake in who we get to back up the big 3.5 (gotta count Darius, now).

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | April 9, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

arvis will average 30 in the first round

Posted by: CreditZard | April 9, 2007 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Sports Bog! Step away from the ledge! Did you REALLY think that the dreaded Curse O' Les Boulez wouldn't rear its ugly head while things were going so well? I say they go 1-7, with the win coming after they've been eliminated. You know, give them something positive to take into next season.

Posted by: leetee | April 9, 2007 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Agent Steinz!! I saw Ivan Carter today after Washington Post live as me and my fiance were on our post-Mei Wah dinner to Second Story books (ah, I love Dupont Circle), and I rather alarmingly told him (1) he was GREAT on Washington Post live and (2) he should please to tell you Reader Nancy said "hi."

LOL -- I wonder if Ivan Carter, OBW for the Wiz, is used to being told to tell YOU hi! ;) He was nice about it.

Hey, I DID love what both of you said this evening about the Wiz -- I was finally home to catch the show -- and you guys are right: even though we lost the last two games, our guys are still fun to watch because they are playing with such absolute heart.

I'm not depressed at all: I love the guts with which AJ and AD and DS and ET and everyone is playing. I'm going to the game tomorrow night and I'm going to cheer them on. I may even bring my Wizards wig.

I want to be one of the fans that the Wizards deserve.

AND NO BOO-ING! I'm still totally upset about that. I may bring a no-booing sign and just be everyone's pushy Mom on that point.

Posted by: Nancy | April 9, 2007 8:51 PM | Report abuse