Archuleta, On Sale

With thanks to WaPo editor Cindy, via the comments section of the Redskins Insider, I realized that today would be the perfect day to purchase Archuleta gear for your loved ones, at something like 75 percent off. I believe such wardrobe items are officially known as "inactive wear." Also, be careful wearing them around flames; the fabrics may be easily burned. And don't use 'em to carry liquids; word is, they leak like crazy. Thanks, I'll be here all week.

It's never too early for holiday shopping.

But the point is, now would be a great time to stock up on all sorts of no-longer-applicable merchandise. A sampling:

* Archuleta replica jersey: regular $74.99, get it now for $18.00!!!!!

* Randy Moss authentic jersey: regular $199.99, get it now for $50.00!!!!

* Randy Moss replica jersey: regular $69.99, get it now for $15.00!!!!

* Keyshawn Johnson replica jersey: regular $75.00, get it now for $37.99!!!!

* Pacman Jones replica jersey: regular $74.99, get it now for $49.98!!!!

[Perfect for your gentlemen's night out gatherings!!!! Notice the subtle difference in prices for a cut/traded replica jersey, and a suspended-for-the-year replica jersey!!!!]

* Jake Plummer replica jersey: regular $74.99, get it now for $9.97!!!!

[To say nothing of a retired replica jersey!!!! I mean, $9.97? That's gotta be humiliating. Retiring is 80 percent worse than getting suspended for the year?]

* LaVar Arrington replica jersey: regular $74.99, get it now for $9.97!!!!

* Brandon Stokley replica jersey: regular $74.99, get it now for $9.97!!!!

* Ashley Lelie replica jersey: regular $89.99, get it now for $59.98!!!!

[What's with the rampant fluctuation in regular prices, anyhow? Why isn't that standardized? Why is Lelie, regular, so much more than Moss, regular? That makes no sense.]

* Adalius Thomas replica jersey, regular $80.00, get it now for $39.00!!!!

* I wanted to link to a Brendan Haywood Wizards jersey, and make a joke about how the Haywood sale is about to start. But when you search for "Brendan Haywood" on the Wiz team store, this is what you're asked: "Did you mean: burundi hoot."

Yes. Yes, that's what I meant. I meant "burundi hoot."

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 2, 2007; 4:17 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NASCAR Fan Loves Crown Royal
Next: The Season of McTavish

Comments

Burundi Hoot has better career potential than Haywood. Hoot, Hoot, Slam, Slam that's the reason I'm a Wizards fan!

Posted by: Denesh | May 2, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Screw that! I'm getting a full price Eagles Kevin Kolb jersey.

Posted by: Kim | May 2, 2007 5:50 PM | Report abuse

sweet... pick the AA jersey, and slap "WALTON" on the nameplate.. instant throwback jersey!

Posted by: hmmmmm | May 2, 2007 5:56 PM | Report abuse

The traded/waived jersey discount phenomenon had me terrified this year, when Antawn Jamison's Wizards jersey was $15 off for nearly the entire season. I was pretty concerned Jamison would see it and start asking questions...

Posted by: Dan Y. | May 2, 2007 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to formally announce my intention to appeal the Tennessee Titans Online Pro Shop's decision to only lower the Pacman Jones jersey 15 bucks. I would still have to rob someone just to afford it. Hmmmmm...

He is a role model!

Posted by: Skin Patrol | May 2, 2007 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Mad props for the JLaCa BLOG!!!

Posted by: WGDC- | May 3, 2007 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Ok, ok. This is late in coming, but you asked the other week what sport you should cover with this blog (I think women's volleyball was in there, but maybe not). Anyway, I'm voting now. The Kentucky Derby (or any other event held at Churchill Downs). The Queen's going to be there, which is always a plus, so you could talk to her, ask about big hats, mitre caps, and feathered plumes. Lot's of alcohol too, and something about a horse race.

Posted by: jmc | May 3, 2007 3:02 AM | Report abuse

Going on the above comment, I would be very disappointed if you were not in the infield during Preakness. I couldn't even begin to imagine some of crazy stuff you could write about after being in there all day.

Posted by: bryan | May 3, 2007 5:13 AM | Report abuse

New moniker dubs
Those who live large but play small:
One Burundi Hoot.

Posted by: HaikuMan | May 3, 2007 7:28 AM | Report abuse

Two years ago I got a traded Fred Smoot jersey for $20 and everyone laughed. Whos laughing now.....

Posted by: Jason | May 3, 2007 8:05 AM | Report abuse

The Broncos traded The Snake to the Bucs at which point he promptly announced his retirement (smart man!). $9.97 for a traded-retired replica seems reasonable if you consider that it's a double-diss.

Posted by: athea | May 3, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Bought an old Trotter jersey and took his name off. Now its my Kurt Gouveia jersey. Now that was a linebacker.

I liked Alvin Walton. Starting with Todd Bowles at safety in Super Bowl 22. I may have to get that jersey.

Also, #40 was worn by Wayne Millner, a hall-of-famer, 70 best Redskins, two way tight end/def end from 36-41, and a player/coach in 45. Get the AA jersey and put Millner on the back - thats old skool.

Posted by: the cheat | May 3, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

You know, if his girlfriend were included, I'd be willing to pay full price for the Archuleta jersey!

Posted by: TG | May 3, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Where's the Willis McGahee replica Buffalo Bills jersey? Have they all been burned already?

Posted by: CaseClosed | May 3, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Actually, not a bad nickname for Haywood.
Burundi hoot....

I don't know what it means, but then, I don't know what Haywood means to be doing when he takes the court.

I seriously think Haywood drinks and parties too much.

Posted by: Nancy | May 3, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse