Today's Top Five: Elijah Dukes? Here?
1) Since FoxSports is reporting that the Nats are trying to trade for Elijah Dukes, it's probably worth beginning the parade of Elijah Dukes posts in this spot. We'll start by linking to Sports Gone South's suggestion that Mr. Dukes get together with Mrs. John Daly. Alternatively, you could look at Deep Left, which included Dukes on its list of the Five Most Detestable Men in Baseball. Awesome.
2) Actually, Cristian Guzman (aka Teh Guz) for the All-Star game isn't that ridiculous of an idea. Which is ridiculous. He's bloody well batting .484 in June. Nats Triple Play is leading the charge; they'd like you to vote for Gooooz as often as humanly possible. Or humanely possible. Or whatever. Also, they wisely begin the talk of laser corrective surgery.
3) When Joakim Noah trotted out the "bloggers = kids in basement" line, I chose to believe he was saying it slyly, playing with the stereotype, knowing that he's but a kid himself, in the same way Herr Mottram and I often mention how we've been released from our basements momentarily for the wonder that is Blog Show. Winning the Turnover Battle did not see it that way. WTTB was insulted by Noah's words.
4) I Want to Be a Sports Agent believes that Gilbert should hire an agent. IBTBASA is completely wrong when he/she/it writes that Gil "speak[s] to the media as much as possible instead of avoiding the press." Not any more, he doesn't. But I like the new nickname: "Agent $--,000,000."
5) Vegas Watch is predicting final MLB standings based on a lot of stuff I don't understand, but the basis is Vegas odds, which is something near and dear to my heart, after I did the Vegas College Football Top 25 all fall. Vegas thinks the Orioles will finish fourth in the East, 18.7 games back. Fourth in the East would be nothing new. 18.7 games back; now that would be new. NL predictions tomorrow.
The comments to this entry are closed.