Today's Top Five: Spell Zimmermann
1) The Natosphere is positively electric with draft recaps. Actually, the Natosphere seems to have fallen asleep. Capitol Punishment provides comprehensive linkage concerning the rest of the picks, including the fascinating case of the two Jordan Zimmermanns. The Nationals Enquirer assigns nicknames to the draft picks, with the top pick earning "The Rosstwiler," which I'm very lukewarm about. That pick, Ross Detwiler, seems to have 642 Facebook friends, which is a lot more than I have. D.C. Pro Sports Report got lots of photos of the new guys.
2) The Hershey Bears failed to win the Calder Cup, and Bleatings From a Caps Nut uses this as occasion to suggest that there is little to no correlation between minor-league success and the real thing in the NHL. It's an interesting read, and he's certainly right that the 2006 Calder Cup win didn't seem to boost this year's NHL point total.
3) I could not possibly disagree with Awful Announcing more about the reality-TV race-car-driving show. AA says "this has to be the dumbest idea for a show just about ever;" clearly he didn't watch "Grease: You're the One That I Want." But really, I'd almost certainly watch John Elway racing John Salley before I'd watch the first quarter of an NBA game in which 35 points were scored, total. Blech.
4) This is a day late, but any time Bethlehem Shoals writes that "Dan Steinberg is the future," I'm going to link to it. In his Big Picture interview, Shoals, the mind behind FreeDarko and Longform Shoals at AOL, talks about deliberately emulating the style of bad Russian translations, which is a worthy goal, although I'd also like to see him tackle good Russian translations. Constance Garnett, perhaps. Moving on
5) The Baltimore SportsGrudge Quiz, courtesy of Bugs & Cranks. Turns out there are a lot of people for Baltimore sports fans to hate.
June 8, 2007; 10:29 AM ET
Categories: What You Need to Know
Save & Share: Previous: The Wizards' Chinese Workout
Next: Notes From the Nats Clubhouse: Dmitri = Pro Wrestler
Posted by: Awful Announcing | June 8, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.