Chris Samuels Birthday Luau
Dan Steinberg is on vacation. For some reason Dan's lovely family would really like to hear, he continues to post stuff for free, while literally not getting paid. Other guest bloggers will check in all week. Also, tomorrow, Thursday, will be one of the most magical days in D.C. Sports Bog history. If you want to guest blog, try e-mailing here. If you would like to suggest better uses of his vacation time, or to ask him why he's writing this in the third person, feel free.
Things I've been meaning to mention.
1) Chris Samuels is having a Hawaiian-themed birthday Luau this weekend. How is it possible that I can't attend? It will raise money for his foundation and all that. More importantly, from the release:
Around 350 high-profile guests, including entertainers, athletes, politicians and business people will be treated to delicious food and spirits, Polynesian dancers, the Go-Go sounds of Chuck Brown and many exciting outdoor activities.....
And from the invite's list of entertainment options:
DC's own Chuck Brown, the Godfather of Go-Go
Hula and Polynesian dancers from around the world
Fire and snake dancers
Great food and open bar provided
Prizes, games and so much more!!!
Man. If I don't find a way to get there, I better get some extensive reports about this. And the O-Line better come up with some Go-Go Polynesian snake dance for the season ahead.
2) This will have been extensively blogged about by the time you're reading this, but no matter, I'm writing it Tuesday night. How, how, how, how could Daunte Culpepper have said this without then wanting to disfigure his face:
"As I was going through this process I heard about a quote by Gandhi that best expressed my thoughts about this victory. He said, 'First, they ignore you, then they ridicule you. Then they fight you, then you win."
And I always thought the Lions were the only NFL believers in non-resistance. Rim-shot. Seriously, though, that's disgraceful.
3) Camembert saves a family from a robber. Always have Camembert around, just in case. Thanks to Reader Will for pointing me to a story in my own paper.
4) These Da Meat Hook shirts....wow. Who made these? No idea. But thanks to Reader Andrew for the tip.
6) A new Navy sports blog, The Birddog.
7) Etan Thomas just hammers Andrew Bogut in his latest SLAM!!!!!! column. Because I link to all Etan's columns, I'll link to this one, too. Bogut's comments don't seem particularly incendiary to me, but I'm not highly flammable, excepting for the use of Gandhi to describe free agency struggles.
8) Reader Paul long ago pointed out that my item on the creators of the Bullets' "You Da Man" anthem should have included video of co-creator Jesse Jaymes' American classic, "Shake It Like a White Girl." So here ya go. Happy Wednesday.
The comments to this entry are closed.