Phillies Fans Celebrate National Destruction

From last night's Phillies-Nats game. The first few moments are unwatchable. As are the last few moments, I suppose. The favored celebration move for an important late-July home run is apparently the pelvic thrust.

I've been thinking about trying to go to tomorrow's day game, just to say hey to some Phillies fans and see whether they might be able to entertain me. This makes me think maybe I should stay home.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 25, 2007; 12:14 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mystics Winning in OT
Next: Best Sports Mustaches in D.C.History

Comments

It is all unwatchable

Posted by: kjh | July 25, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

It is unwatchable, but the pelvic thrusts are still better than Screech's.

Posted by: Kim | July 25, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

and philadelphia sports fans wonder why they're disliked so much...

Posted by: AuinMD | July 25, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

the only reason you want to go up to philly is so you can be in between them. that city is the worst. all they got is Pat's and smarty jones.

Posted by: e baggg | July 25, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

...not mention fine grammar!

Posted by: SteveJeltzFans | July 25, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

...not mention fine grammar!

Posted by: SteveJeltzFan | July 25, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Tell Prada to put this on Blog Show. Show the love for the Philly fans.

Posted by: SweaterVest | July 25, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Looked rather "Beavis and Butthead"-ish to me.
I've seen many NFL games in Filthadelphia, at both the Vet and now the Linc, and these fans are REALLY tame by ordinary Filthy fan standards. All of my "Bad Spectator Moments" have come in Filthadelphia. Out of all American cities I can't think of another that has as big an inferiority complex as Filthy--and they really shouldn't worry about it; they've got tons of U.S. history to claim as their own. Whatever.

Posted by: Arlington Pimp | July 25, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Let he who's never done the Beavis and Butthead dance at a sporting event cast the first stone. That makes me ineligible.

Posted by: Encouraging Referee Pitman | July 25, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Agent Steinz, you should go for sure. I'd love to hear your take on the Philly crew.

Posted by: enrico | July 26, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, they're weird. Prolly not as weird as this Nats fan, but hey, it's easy to follow everyone else and make fun of Philly fans. I know I've never seen an old bag lady trying to perform magic at Citizen's Bank though...

Posted by: Poor Sports | July 26, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

you should stay home... just like every other night in your parents basement.

Posted by: youradouche | July 26, 2007 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for giving this Philadelphia fan some publicity :) I'm glad you all enjoyed my pelvic thrusts and hairy nipples

Andrew Owens

Posted by: Andrew Owens | July 27, 2007 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Is that you LT. Steeeeiiinnnberg

Posted by: forrestgump | July 27, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Great video work. Excellent composition. When will everyone realize this is a war protest? The same dance was used in 1968 at Kent state. Hell no we won't go! ATICA! ATICA! These two are geniuses. I actually took a class at Yale with the hairy nippled one. We studied Ayn Rand's "Objectivist Epistemology" and Aristotle's "De Anime". Really. Take a second look...

Posted by: strohldigital | July 30, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse