Updates: John Lannan Must Die
These are old things I've been meaning to get around to noting.
1) Remember when John Lannan accidentally hit Chase Utley and broke his body and got thrown out of the game? Well, Phillies fans remember. They've formed a Facebook group called "John Lannan Must Die." The group has 117 members. "Fear For Your Safety, John Lannan," says The 700 Level. "I think the Nationals should be kicked out the league - contraction. They aren't even trying to be a contending team, they just want to do physical harm to contending teams," writes a commenter. Every day, I wish that I worked in Philly. Every single day.
2) An anonymous reader writes to tell me that Cubs fans are calling Soriano "El Uno," possibly based on this bizarre post about an anonymous woman dating an anonymous ballplayer known only as Uno. Out of Right Field explains more, I guess, if any of this counts as explanation.
3) The Blowtorch's NBA first-round caricature progression finally reached Nick Young last week. I've seen Nick Young; I'm not sure he quite looks like this. But he does smile a lot, so I'll take it.
4) The Big 10 might add a 12th team, and Hank from Winning the Turnover Battle wants it to be Navy.
5) Manny Acta = Glenn Quagmire? Eh, maybe. (Gheorghe the Blog)
Also, those "Become a Vegetarian; Save Da Meat" t-shirts, honoring Dmitri Young, have now been updated to say on the back "Mission Accomplished (now lose those 20 pounds). Such a short-lived, yet red-hot-and-passionate movement, this was.
The comments to this entry are closed.