Wiz Summer League Roster: Much Success!!!
The Wizards announced their summer league roster, and it's a veritable Bog gold mine. And bear in mind that I'll be in Vegas for probably three days, with hopes of eating Russian food with OPEC and Harvey Grant. Here's the roster
* Two George Washington Colonials from the 2005 team I covered that should have been in the Sweet 16 if the schedule had been merely "mildly wretched" instead of "putridly terrible." With me, Ivan Carter, Mike Hall and J.R. Pinnock, all we need is Karl Hobbs and SID Brad Bower and Vegas will feel just like the Smith Center. As long as the Wizards are playing the 2005 Terps or any MEAC school, they should absolutely roll.
* More local college players, like Brian Chase (Va. Tech) and Jameel Watkins (Georgetown).
* Lee Humphrey, who slayed George Mason in the 2005 Final Four.
* Kyle Visser, who lived much of the summer in Rosslyn and is a funny dude.
* Another Zimmerman. From Ryan Zimmerman to Jordan Zimmermann, D.C. has the pro Zims on absolute lockdown. And I'm pretty sure that none of them are Jewish. Remarkable.
July 3, 2007; 5:05 PM ET
Categories: College Basketball , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Parenting Advice for Tiger
Next: This Week's (Sort of) Top Five: Daniel Snyder Rules
The comments to this entry are closed.