A Mascot Birthday
So much mascot news, it's hard to know where to begin.
1) The Frederick Keys's coyote-shaped mascot, Keyote (sounds like peyote?), is having a birthday party this Saturday night. Yes, there will be cupcakes, plus appearances from many of your favorite local mascots, all on the same ballfield. Here's a shot from last year's Keyote birthday madness. I wish I knew who all these folks were.
2) Why did I never hear more about this? From an e-mail I received Tuesday night: "My mother just text-messaged me (yes, really) to tell me that Roosevelt just ran the Presidents' Race with a sign saying "I love Beckham." Really? He did? He does? Doesn't Beckham already have a swollen-enough head?
3) A lovely post about the FIBA Americas mascot Jay Jay, from Howie the Hype Guy. A lovely post about mascots playing tackle football against little kiddies, from With Leather. A lovely post about a partying mascot, from The M Zone.
4) Have you ever read Costumes 101, offering advice for mascots? No? You should:
Viruses and diseases are passed through bodily fluids. Costumes are breeding grounds for viruses. If you can't get a dry costume spray it down with End-Bac or another anti-bacterial agent. Febreeze is good for trapping smells, but it does not kill germs that humans can pass to one another
Exactly what bodily fluids are being passed around inside those costumes, and why? Kids regularly hug those things, you know.
5) Did I ever post the video of me, myself, dancing with Louie from Bowie? No? Here it is.
Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 16, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Anonymous | August 16, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: R.J. | August 16, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Grooven | August 16, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | August 17, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Darvin | August 17, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 17, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.