Gil Sells House to Nick Young

An old story, but one I wouldn't feel good about ignoring. As Gilbertology noted last week, the LA Daily News's Matthew Kredell reported that Gilbert sold his Northern Virginia house to Nick Young:

I guess Nick Young now lives near Great Falls Park (By Rebecca Kahlenberg For TWP)

"Gil passed it down to me,'' Young said. "It's pretty big, more than I expected. I expected to rent at first, but Gil wouldn't have any of that. It's nice to own my first house.''

I believe Gilbert purchased what I believe to be his previous Northern Virginia home for something like $2.8 million, according to public records, so I'm not surprised he preferred selling to renting. Here's hoping Young didn't mess around with any sub-prime loans.

In other notable blog links:

Rumors and Rants believe I look like Kevin Kouzmanoff.

The Nationals now have a 0.39716 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats, while the Orioles have only a 0.0563 percent chance. Take that, Baltimore.

Gheorghe the Blog dubs Jose Mesa The King of the Joe Tables, athletes whose translated names sound funny.

My friend and countryman Jamie Mottram makes a funny to my doppelganger Grant Wahl.

And in honor of Karl Rove, here are your Nationals Talking Points, from the ever-mysterious Ball Wonk.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 14, 2007; 11:05 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Opinions on Michael Vick Vary
Next: Richmond's Inter-Atlantic 11 Poll Schedule

Comments

Good, I can keep trick-or-treating in the same neighborhood.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 14, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

This was the same house that he said in his blog a few weeks back, having a pool put in. He still has that house.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 14, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

You need to ask Gilbert that question!that's something he left out of his weekly blogs.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 14, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I learned how to make a funny from watching you, Steinz!

Posted by: Jamie Mottram | August 14, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Gilbert almost ran headfirst into me on Gtown Pike a couple of years ago. He was coming around a sharp bend and was swerving into my lane, but he looked up at the last minute and corrected his vehicle. All I remember thinking was, "I'm gonna die, i'm gonna die...hey, that's Gilbert Arenas!"

Note to Nick Young: Be careful driving on that road, even in the middle of the day.

Posted by: whoa | August 14, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

The Kouz! I strongly approve of any San Diego/DC connections.

Posted by: Mike in SD | August 14, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

the real story here is...
where the heck did Gilbert move too? is he renting back his basement?
If Gil's moving up from a $3mm starter home, he's gotta be going big somewhere!

Posted by: Unsilent got a Yellow Card | August 14, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

the real story here is...
where the heck did Gilbert move too? is he renting back his basement?
If Gil's moving up from a $3mm starter home, he's gotta be going big somewhere!

Posted by: Unsilent got a Yellow Card | August 14, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I know who you are and I'm going to release rats in your spiffy restaurant!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 14, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmm....Gilbert selling his house....impending free agency.....uh oh.

Posted by: Jonathan | August 14, 2007 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Gil owns 2 homes in great falls. One he lives in, and one he bought for his girlfriend and mother of his 2 children (see Wash Post story from last spring). Bet he sold the rookie his girlfriends house. Read Gil's blog, he's building a bigass pool, he's not turning that over to the rookie!

Posted by: Unsilent got a yellow card | August 14, 2007 11:27 PM | Report abuse

I'll have to agree with you on that!! Looks like his girlfriend moved in with him. I think that's a great idea. They can raise the kids together like they're supposed to.

Posted by: flashy | August 15, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

She still lives in that house. My uncle lives on the other side of the street from her, he see's Gilbert all of the time coming to pick up his daughter.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse