Nats Raps

As we continue the most ruthlessly thrilling baseball campaign in recent memory, I bring you the Nats in Song, in three parts.

Part I: In which a group of civilians head to RFK Stadium to perform a hip-hop number about That Fitted is Hot, Son Washington Nationals caps, complete with multiple hat twists. The language is a bit salty, so be warned. I can't understand why they don't play this during batting practice.

Part II: In which Judas from "Jesus Christ Superstar" wails about Walter Johnson, and presumably more recent Washington baseballers, provided your ears hold up long enough. Apparently, the artists are actually known as Blessid Union of Souls; Miss Chatter calls it "awesome" and Bad Nats calls it "a Popcorn Movies."

Part III: In which Mike Bacsik and Chad Cordero sing, enthusiastically, while passing a wireless mic back and forth in the bullpen. Bacsik might be struggling on the mound, but his falsetto is just incredible.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 27, 2007; 1:53 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Nats Make Concessions
Next: What Virginia Tech's Playing For

Comments

Bless you, sir, for finding the Chad&Mike duet. Made my day!

And also, looking forward to your DCU coverage while Goffinho is in Beijing.

Posted by: Juan-John | August 27, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

You and TWP have lost your minds. "The language is a bit salty?" That has to be the understatement of the year. It's unbelieveable to me that TWP editors would permit you to post this video with its liberal use of the N-word other curses and its violent theme. There is nothing sports related about this song. You need to remove this video immediately.

Posted by: Learned Hand | August 27, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Steinz,

At 2:35 in the salty video the main "hype" man flashes a gun if I am not mistaken. As soon as I finish posting here I am going out to buy their album city of coke these guys are legit

Posted by: C. Hen | August 27, 2007 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Not mentioned - The fitteds shown in the video were on loan from Dan Steinberg's private collection.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | August 28, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I would have died if Charlie Slowes appeared in the video.

Posted by: Blackaces | August 29, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse