The Sean Taylor Press Conference: "Never"

The most enjoyable part of Skins training camp thus far--or one of them, anyhow--has been the scheduling of the Sean Taylor press conference by the happy-faced PR person, closely followed by the canceling of the Sean Taylor press conference by the sad-faced PR person. The AP's Joseph White counts four cancellations over six days, and when he asks Taylor about this mythical press conference and when it will happen, the safey says "never." I had the over on the "Will Taylor speak before the season begins," question, and I guess "never" counts as a win for me. But that doesn't stop the AP from writing a Taylor profile through the eyes of others that will have Skins fans salivating again.

(Jonathan Newton - TWP).

Gregg Williams says Taylor--already the best athlete he had ever seen--is now even better, Renaldo Wynn compares him to "a shark that tastes a little bit of blood," Gilbert Arenas says that reminds him of a joke he heard about sharks, and Clinton Portis says this:

"Defensive player of the year....You're going to see some picks. You're going to see some heads getting knocked off. You're going to see some receivers retire. You're going to see everything you've been looking for."

The bizarre part, as many have noted, is that Taylor hangs out long after practice some day, cozying up to kids in wheelchairs and the like, which, to me, seems like a more difficult gig than chatting with Joseph White for a few minutes. Maybe today he'll talk!

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 6, 2007; 3:27 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Virginia Tech Closes Practices
Next: Cowboys Fans at Training Camp

Comments

Taylor is probably intimidated by Joseph's hat.

Posted by: TSW | August 6, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

"You're going to see everything you've been looking for"

No more biting on every double move!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 6, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Lets see, Taylor likes putting smiles on injured/disabled kids faces but doesnt like dealing with the media. Seems pretty par for the course to me.

Posted by: the cheat | August 6, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I say screw the media. Let Sean Taylor concentrate on football without having to worry about what might be asked of him in a press conference in an attempt to stir up some controversy. Not too many would argue that physically he's one of the best athletes to play the game. If this is one of his way of allowing the mental aspect to catch up with his physical gifts then I'm all for it. I'm sure the coaching staff is all for it too.

Posted by: eazy413 | August 6, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse

"I say screw the media."

YEAH! Up your ass Steinz!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 6, 2007 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Let's burn this mother down! Viva la Revolution (which will be neither televised nor blogged about)!

Posted by: Skin Patrol | August 6, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather hang out with kids than talk to reporters who will twist whatever you say.

Posted by: Ted | August 7, 2007 7:57 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps it was reporters who tried to steal his ATVs and this his ultimate revenge.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | August 7, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse