The Washington Nationals' General Manager

(By John McDonnell - TWP)

This is a picture of the Washington Nationals' general manager. He is excitedly pointing at the shoes of his new left-handed pitcher while telling the assembled crowd that they're Prada. This is a photo that makes me very very happy every time I look at it. I wish Ernie Grunfeld and Vinny Cerrato would pose thus. (Memo to Ted Leonsis: fine, no need to e-mail, I wish George McPhee would pose thus also, and yes, I realize the WaPo's circulation rates are declining and it's because of such mistakes as neglecting to wish the Caps' GM would pose for a photo while pointing at his new draft pick's dress shoes.)

You can read much more about the shoes below, but this photo shall live on forever.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 17, 2007; 9:43 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The National Wears Prada
Next: Mini Meat Hook's Mohawk

Comments

What? No mention of Kevin Payne?

Posted by: Kim | August 17, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"Memo to Ted Leonsis: fine, no need to e-mail, I wish George McPhee would pose thus also, and yes, I realize the WaPo's circulation rates are declining and it's because of such mistakes as neglecting to wish the Caps' GM would pose for a photo while pointing at his new draft pick's dress shoes.)"

hahahaha...topical humor is fun.

Cerrato could only take a picture like this at night seeing as how natural sunlight causes him to melt.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 17, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Gary Williams would point at his star recruit's shoes on camera but he wouldn't know one if he saw one.

/dagger

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | August 17, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Man do I hate Jim Bowden.

Posted by: GTB | August 17, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Dull brown shoes with black is very appropriate (at least in my opinion)and elsewhere where I've read. What caught my eye was the ugly wide soles on Jim Bowden's shoes!

Posted by: Al D | August 17, 2007 9:25 PM | Report abuse