Today's Top Five: Bob Carpenter on His Call
1) Bob Carpenter, the man who once made fun of bloggers, is guest blogging over at Three Girls With Heart. He says he told Mike Bacsik yesterday "that America would be in love with him by this time tomorrow."
2) Pulp at The Gil Meche Experience (via Deadspin) went to middle school with John Lannan. Amazing:
Yet all I can see when I'm watching this game is the kid I was in homeroom with every groggy morning in seventh and eighth grade. But confounding that image is Lannan himself, doing things that every pitcher does. Spitting. Peering in to the catcher over and over. Trying to put down sacrifice bunts. It was all so natural, you wonder if some people are just born to be pro baseball players.
Yeah. Seriously, how did he go from a groggy seventh grader to someone adept at spitting?
3) The DCenters remind us that Jaime Moreno could make history at RFK tomorrow, with a sold-out crowd on hand. The looming question: will there be a video message of congratulations from Jason Kreis?
4) Trying to generate buzz for the Bobby Boswell post-game bash. Sure, I'll play along.
5) I know this is old, but I still can't get over Ivan Carter and the implicit threat of physical confrontation with his blog readers: "As for those folks on this blog that want to make threats, I have this message: I'm not scared of you and never will be. " Unsilent Majority, I'm coming for you man!!!!
Posted by: Mike in SD | August 8, 2007 6:13 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: norske | August 8, 2007 6:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FS | August 10, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.