Coach Speak Part I: Joe Gibbs
Here's a fun game. Guess which 2007 post-game press conference produced each of the following Joe Gibbs sound bites!
Your choices are the Dolphins, Eagles, Giants and Cardinals games, in which the Redskins went a combined 3-1.
By the way, for a team that has gotten so much publicity for its incredible Web offerings, offerings that are ever so much better and more unfiltered than what the mainstream media can produce, why are there no transcripts of the Lions and Packers Gibbs pressers in the quote archives? Look, even the stupid mainstream media can produce a quote sheet successfully.
Ok, here we go:
1) "We had a bunch of guys play extremely hard."
2) "For us, it was extremely hard fought, as I'm sure you could probably tell. It was an extremely hard football game."
3) "It was just extremely hard fought, and when I think back over it, the single thing I am most proud of was the attitude we had out there."
4) "It was hard fought."
5) "Everything up here is hard fought."
6) "It was just kind of like last week--it was really hard fought."
7) "It was hard fought and I knew it was going to be that way."
8) "Overall, it was extremely hard fought."
9) "I knew this was going to be a week where it was going to be hard fought."
10) "I just know that it was extremely hard fought."
11) "Guys had fought hard all day."
12) "Up here it's going to be hard fought each and every week, and I think that's what we're seeing."
13) "Whatever you talk over, they played hard. I felt like we played hard."
14) "What came out to me, is a team that came out and kept swinging."
15) "In all areas, we just kept swinging."
16) "We were out there fighting, so that was the key thing."
17) "On the sidelines you could kind of feel everybody just fighting their guts out."
18) "We missed some things, but the thing that I was really proud of is we just kept fighting."
19) "If you had to guess, I'd say it's probably going to be a dogfight every single week."
Answers after the jump.
Answers: Cardinals, Eagles, Dolphins, Giants, Cardinals, Eagles, Cardinals, Eagles, Cardinals, Eagles, Cardinals, Cardinals, Giants, Dolphins, Eagles, Dolphins, Dolphins, Eagles, Giants.
Posted by: Klintz | October 24, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.