Fuel For Gilbert

UPDATE: Well, I guess this got fixed. Now I need to figure out how to post a screen capture.

Aw jeez, Gilbert obviously has a mole at SI.com. Seriously, I'm having trouble of thinking of many things in the world that could give the man more motivation than this: a paragraph discussing the challenges Gilbert will face this year accompanied by a massive photo of DeShawn Stevenson, labeled "Gilbert Arenas." I predict Gilbert goes for 74 tonight. Either that, or he opts to sit out again.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 16, 2007; 10:44 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Local College Basketball Poll
Next: Unprecedented NFL Injuries

Comments

It could have been worse. Could've been a picture of Pecherov, labeled Gilbert Arenas.

Posted by: James | October 16, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Even worse, could've been Antonio Daniels in the mirror flashing his Sam's Club card.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 16, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Anyone read the Wizards outlook at fromcourtside.com and the comments about Gilbert Arenas?

Quick excerpt:
There are very few players in the NBA that are as tough to guard as Gilbert Arenas. His range starts with his first step over the half court line and he can get to the basket on anyone. When his entire game is clicking it's as if you're playing NBA Jam and you have someone that is "on fire."

The problem is that Gilbert is not a natural point guard. He wants to score every time the ball is in his hands and when you play the point, the ball is always in your hands. The Wizards offense suffers, as it never looks to be in sync. It's all one-on-one, with everyone rotating whose turn it is to get a shot up.

I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on this...

-F

Posted by: Franky | October 16, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Too slow. Looks like a picture of Gilbert to me.

Posted by: shawn | October 16, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

It's Gil now. Where's the screen capture Steinz?

Even worse, it could have been a picture of Nick Young dancing.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | October 16, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I saw it haha. It was a picture of DeShawn going for a dunk under the "Gilbert Arenas" caption.

Posted by: Super Mang | October 16, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse