Gilbert: Not Popular in Europe

Gilbert has been excelling in all those "Top Jersey Sales" lists the NBA is forever sending out. Well, not this one. Here are the top selling NBA jerseys in Europe, based on sales from retail outlets during the 06-07 season. From which we can learn that Europeans:

1) Like other Europeans
2) Are not quirky
3) Do not support snitchin'

1. Dwyane Wade
2. Allen Iverson
3. Tony Parker
4. Kobe Bryant
5. LeBron James
6. Boris Diaw
7. Pau Gasol
8. Andrea Bargnani
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Tracy McGrady

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 4, 2007; 10:16 AM ET
Categories:  NBA , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Redskins Don't Watch Football
Next: Crank That Redskins

Comments

Gil must use this blatant disrespect to put together a barnstorming team and challenge assorted European national teams.

Posted by: dgc | October 4, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Nobody cares about Europeans! Gil for president!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Apparently, Europe is striking back for Gil's rant against the Team USA coaching staff.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 4, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Ah, with October basketball season is soon upon us and I am back.

Gilbert's not popular in Europe?

Well, neither is Jesus Christ.

And yet they both still reign.

Posted by: Nancy | October 4, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Wo ist Dirk?

Posted by: SnorlaxMcSoggybottom | October 4, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Guys sometimes you scare me.... Anyway Gil's popular among young ballers, I can tell you since I'm a huge fan of Gilbert I often wear his jersey and I get people who ask me where I got it and so on. What you guys have to realize is that in Europe we get to buy what the shop buy and believe me shops out there don't give a straight **** about Gilbert since he's not mediatic enough out there (I know it seems quite stupid to say that speaking about Gilbert but you gotta realize the Gil zeros did not even come out here!). A last something: everything I ow which has something to do with Gil or the Wiz was bought in the US...

Posted by: Mehdi | October 4, 2007 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Hey Medhi, welcome back. I posted on the Wizards blog last year and remember reading quite a few of your posts and sending you info via the web about the Wiz. I can't wait for the season to start and hope you blog again on wiz.com. Changed my moniker because someone else took it.

Posted by: Lady Wizz | October 5, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse