Strahan Watches Skins Cheerleaders

In what's sure to be the major story of the day, an excerpt from Michael Strahan's book shows that his cheerleader power ranking has the Redskins at No. 1!!!!! Here's what Strahan writes:

We stare at cheerleaders sometimes. It's against the rules for a cheerleader to date a player, but it happens all the time. I'll tell you the best girls in the league, by far, are not the famous Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders or the famed Raiderettes. It's not even close, folks. The Washington Redskins get the prize in my book. Every single one of those girls is stunning.

Traitor!!!!! Any real football player knows you have to rank your in-division cheerleaders last and next-to-last and next-to-next-to-last. Hopefully Football Outsiders has stats on this sort of thing. Coincidentally, not two minutes ago I deleted all my photos of the Redskins cheerleaders doing drills with kids at YMCA Alexandria on Tuesday, which I could have used to illustrate this post.

(Also coincidentally, via Deadspin comes this Daily Redundancy survey of the homeliest cheerleaders in the NFL. The Internets are a mean place, no? And while these photos are very old and NSFW, Ahern Inquirer just got a notice from Maxim about their long-ago pictures of Chris Cooley's fiancee, if you're into that sort of thing.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 11, 2007; 12:13 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Ol' Capitals Game
Next: Brandon Lloyd = Satan

Comments

Eli Manning is not convinced.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 11, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

wow... lacanfora totally laid into you in his last post... what do you have to say for yourself??

Posted by: Anonymous | October 11, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I think Captain Chaos would agree

Posted by: Anonymous | October 11, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

my job is done, thanks steinz

Posted by: A Redskins cheerbabe post | October 11, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Nice Job on gettin me to feel a little empathy towards Lloyd. JLC told me not to and that your a hack.

I hate getting mixed signals--I need a unified paper.

Where is Stalin when we need him?

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | October 11, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Strahan doesn't play in Miami too much, does he?

Posted by: d, dc | October 11, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder gets full credit. Under Cooke they used to train at GMU and they were not much to look at up close.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | October 11, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Channeling Jean Strahan: "I didn't know the Skins had male cheerleaders."

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | October 11, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Down w/ JLC!!!!!!!!! How dare he attack the Steinz.

Posted by: Jon | October 11, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Arlene is hot....Little bean cutie

Skins RAP - Week 6

GHEA

Posted by: random | October 11, 2007 1:51 PM | Report abuse

I love how some people forget that you can't use the same attractiveness scale for cheerleaders/celebrities as you can for day-to-day women on the street (no, not "professionals"). Any of those so-called homely cheerleaders would look SMOKIN' when seen on the street in regular clothes. Guar-an-teed. At least one body part--if not more--would catch your eye, and hold it steadily.

Posted by: Naf Sallad | October 11, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Strahan has kept his normalcy among the NFL's overbearing rules.To tell someone who they can and can't date is beyond acceptable. They try and keep us from getting a team in Vegas, yet every other commercial is for beer. We are after all the line setters and they dont mind that every major paper in the country posts those -including the NYPost that has our ad every friday...

Vegas Winners-Contest