Today's Top Five: Norv!
1) I forgot to mention this last week, but now's as good a time as any. Norv Turner! I'm not writing a better punch line than that all day. His various admirers right now include Rumors and Rants (who award Norv a dubious honor that I'm not comfortable quoting from), Jerry's Wheelhouse ("We know that he's the least charismatic sports figure of our time. We know he couldn't lead starving kids at fat camp to the mess hall.") and The Coach Is Killing Me, which had a great Norv photo gallery last week. Did you know The Coach Is Killing Me is brought to you by the same sad soul who launched Stop Shuler? It's true. Also, FanHouse wants Norv fired and Marty hired, today.
2) Did you know Chris Turner, the fuzzy-haired smiley Maryland QB, is the son of the original drummer in RATT? Really, you did? I didn't. Inside Charm City has more. I do know that Chris Turner's dad was something of the inspiration behind the Scott Van Pelt flame war I wrote about a few weeks back. Rick Maese says his nickname is "Sunshine Cali," which is sort of long, as nicknames go.
3) The Phillies dump champagne over the head of the young blond sports anchor, via Bugs and Cranks. I'd rather have seen screen shots of Howard Eskin being showered with champagne, but maybe that's just me.
4) Nick Young. Dominic McGuire. Movie posters. Photoshop. Thanks to We're Off to See the Wizards.
5) For all the tasteless signs I saw at the Redskins-Giants game, how in the world did I miss this one, from The Big Lead? This takes the tasteless cake, if there is such a thing.
Posted by: hmmmmm | October 1, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 1, 2007 11:37 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: kwamesnani | October 1, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: JP | October 1, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.