Beard Challenge '07: Drew Gooden Responds

More beard.

I've encouraged every out-of-town NBA reporter I know (a group that boasts about three members) to help provide the world with the most extensive beard-growing coverage possible. Luckily, SLAM's Lang Whitaker has already stepped up by getting an e-mailed comment from Drew Gooden, concerning his challenge with DeShawn Stevenson. Writes Gooden:

I already lost to him in a High School State Championship, but beat him in last year's Playoffs. This one would put me ahead 2-1 when I win!" D Good 90

Well, it's not exactly John Paul Jones aboard the Bonhomme Richard, but we'll take it I guess. Lang also suggests that he and I take opposing sides in this chintastic struggle; he'll endorse Drew Gooden, and I'll stand by DeShawn Stevenson. "It's like West Side Story, except with beards!" he notes. Now if we could only get Oleksiy Pecherov and Sasha Pavlovic to square off in a kasha-and-borscht eating contest, I could die happy.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 14, 2007; 9:45 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeShawn's Beard-Growing Contest
Next: Another Gilbert Fan Story

Comments

Is it me or DeShawn need to blow his nose...

Posted by: 9cherries.com | November 14, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Steinz, this morning I square off with own self in a kasha-and-borscht eating contest, playing role of both Big Oily and Sasha and hot ring girl all at once!!! I eated and eated and eated and eated and eated until my bum exploded!!!! I'ma like WHOA!! Who knew me backside wanted to be jogger, but he sure can run!!!!!! Run, Lola, RuN!!!

Jarkz the Hama Dropa

Posted by: www.wizznutzz.com | November 14, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

That explains why Deshawn is so d*** hairy....

Hopefully, he wins the bet before he gets too Wolverinish.

Posted by: Ed | November 14, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

This team could stand to look/be a little more burly. I think they should ALL grow beards, and I'm still getting over Caron having his facial hair lasered.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 14, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Steinz, I can't believe you just name-checked a Revolutionary War figure. Most excellent--I feel unexpectedly edified.

WithLeather, this blog is not.

Posted by: DD | November 14, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

drew looks like real muslim should do.

Posted by: vinny | December 21, 2007 2:48 AM | Report abuse