Gilbert Responds to the Internet Critics

As mentioned yesterday, some folks were a bit up in arms about Gil's interview with SI.com, and he's already responded on his blog:

I didn't realize when you do interviews for articles and stuff and when people read it, especially articles with me, they're ready to nitpick. I didn't know you have to talk in interviews like you're talking to idiots and explain every little detail. I didn't realize that.

Whoa, did he just call Bethlehem Shoals an idiot?!? What follows are some line-by-line clarifications and retractions, with Gilbert complaining that "When people read my stuff now, they're ready for controversy. But sometimes I just like to have a conversation. I didn't know I had to explain everything afterwards."

This is why I always say, you should never talk to the media. Have all your conversations with 14-year-old Halo players about....no, wait, that can lead to controversy too. Maybe just talk to imaginary pouched friends.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 6, 2007; 11:01 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Wiz Are Playing Defense!
Next: More Redskins T-Shirts

Comments

Why Gilbert would choose to run his mouth and say idiot things, ala Clinton Portis and begin to make people dislike him for it is just unbelievable. I like many other wizards fans would prefer and silent assassin rather than a boisterous know-it-all THAT HASN'T WON ANYTHING! Gil you are becomming a JERK in many people's eyes, especially after you comments towards the Celtics fans and then your performance in that game as well as the home opener. Man keep your mouth shut and try and win some games. Let's see what you can do against a healthy Dwayne Wade and Shaq.

Posted by: keedrow | November 6, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

i, for one, enjoy the running mouth of one mr. arenas

Posted by: hmmmmm | November 6, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

gilbert's personality hasn't changed one bit since last year ... why are people so wuick to hate/judge now?

Posted by: littles | November 6, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Keedrow-- How can you even compare anything Gilbert has ever said to the comments that CP made? Have you actually read his blog, or his interviews for that matter? I'd be curious to know what exactly makes him sound like a jerk, as opposed to completely charming and inspiring, which is what any Wizards fan who actually pays attention feels. I've been a fan for about 20 years now. I've watched Googs, Cheaney, Bernard King, Muresan, Ledell Eackles!!, Harvey, Rex Chapman, Webber, Sheed, Juwanji, Hot Dog's at halftime Strickland, Robert Pack, Mitch Richmond... and so on. I've stayed a fan through all of the bad times, and there have been a lot. Lez Boulez, playoff droughts, the failed Jordan experiment. How can anyone call themselves a Wizards fan and not appreciate what we have in this team and in this player. I'm so sorry that Gilbert is honest, forthright, passionate, a little crazy, driven, and most of all entertaining. What do you want? Playoffs three years in a row not good enough for you? It shouldn't be, but winning honestly isn't everything. Gilbert stays out of trouble, is incredibly charitable, and one of the most talented players we've ever had. Stop the Gilbert hate in the Bog comments.

Posted by: Me | November 6, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Any change of Steinz getting an I Am Swagger t-shirt in time for the new Will Smith flick?

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | November 6, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

You mean to tell me that Shoals was trying to read way too much into something NBA-related?

No way!