Ryan Boschetti vs. Gilbert/Final Boss

Trust me, these kids would destroy Boschetti.

So Mike Wise, being the instigator he is, goes up to Skins D-lineman Ryan Boschetti in the locker room on Wednesday. Boschetti is playing online chess at the time. Wise asks him if he plays Halo.

"Do I play Halo?" Boschetti asks rhetorically.

Nearby teammates, including Anthony Montgomery, snicker. Turns out the guy has a ranking. He's big-time. So Wise tries to tell him about Gilbert.

"Yeah, I been reading about him," Boschetti says. "You tell Gilbert anytime Final Boss wants to take on the Washington Redskins, let me know."

So then he just starts talking trash about his Halo skills, saying he would drill Arenas and his boys in his any game. He finishes with, "We'll run shop on those guys."

"Run shop?" Wise thinks. "Oh no he didn't." And yes, that's really how Wise thinks.

So now Wise wants me to set up Redskins vs. Wizards, Gil vs. Boschetti, teenage wunderkinds vs. beefy D-linemen. It'll be great. B-Lloyd can referee. I was all set to talk to Boschetti about this on Thursday, but then he had to go and have a kid on that exact day. Typical. But congrats to him, and Final Boss will be waiting when he returns.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 16, 2007; 1:29 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fred Smoot's Nicknames
Next: Caps Visit Springsteen, Embassy

Comments

in the words of Russell Huxtable... "CHAL-LAAANNGE!!!"

Posted by: hmmmmm | November 16, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

@hmmmmm: Just to one up you, I'm envisioning Boschetti and his defensive line cohorts in leather jackets, carrying XBox controller mounted lead pipes, with Boschetti exclaiming, "Final Boooooss, come out to pla-i-aaay."

I have an active imagination.

Posted by: James | November 16, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

This needs to be broadcast on TV.

Posted by: GilZero | November 16, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Gilbert, we need an update on Gil's latest blog entry and the whole Nacho, chips & dip thing.

Posted by: Mike in SD | November 16, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins have the Cowboys this week and we're talking about Video Games? Video Games!?!

I hope The Reaper stands in crutches on the sidelines and just stares at TO all game....T.O. gonna getcha! T.O. your done!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | November 16, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

None of them can see me and my crew in Smash Bros. Melee.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | November 16, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

this is hilarious. we need to set this up as a PPV event. i don't even play halo, but i'd pay to watch this go down...

Posted by: Peter | November 16, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

SVPS just threw down the gauntlet on Super Smash Bros.

Oh no you di-int!!!!!!

Posted by: for serious | November 16, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Thanks. Even a rumor that something like this might occur is news I need to know!

Posted by: Nancy | November 17, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Halo isn't even a good game. Try Call of Duty 4 or Half Life Orange Box Edition. A challenge is only worthy if it takes skill and Halo doesn't require any skill once you memorize the maps. Maybe Guitar Hero (fat fingers vs. long fingers of fret?)? And yes, you need to hire Michael Buffer.

Posted by: Bud | November 19, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse