The Wiz Spell Oleksiy Pecherov

The Wiz game management crew showed a video Saturday night of Wiz players attempting to spell Oleksiy Pecherov. They were playing clips of this in the VC some random morning last week. My issues with this concept are as follows

1) The spellers weren't using the Cyrillic alphabet, so really any "correct" spelling is merely a successful approximation, and "Olexei," for example, shouldn't technically be judged harshly.

2) Andray Blatche is probably as difficult a name to spell as Oleksiy Pecherov. But then you wouldn't get to play the funny accordion music in the background.

Still, it's worth watching just to see DeShawn Stevenson's attempts. Apparently he was not an Eastern European Studies major. In, um, high school.

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 6, 2007; 3:06 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gilbert's Workout Video
Next: Wiz Rookies Wear Fur

Comments

man, i felt bad for de-shawn. what happened to best dressed wizard? and when will david falk join me on the kisscam?

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | November 6, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

ovechkin, semen, and backstrom seemed to be having themselves a good time at the game on saturday night ... alex s. is rocking quite the little mullet these days ...

Posted by: littles | November 6, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

LOL, I think this was a great video.

"Andray Blatche is probably as difficult a name to spell as Oleksiy Pecherov."

But not for me. Oleksiy is new to me!

Going to "meet the team" tonight Dan, inasmuch as I'm now a full season ticket holder. Whoo hooo!!

Posted by: Nancy | November 6, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

P.S. Way to go Caron!!

Posted by: Nancy | November 6, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

awvee storey, now thats was tricky to spell if u didnt already know how

Posted by: sam | November 6, 2007 10:40 PM | Report abuse