Mike Wilks's Teammates
New Wizards guard Mike Wilks is often described as a "journeyman." As in, eight NBA franchises in six years. Plus at least two NBDL franchises. Plus at least one more NBA franchise in a preseason. That's a lot of teams.
More importantly, that's a lot of teammates. Here are some important things you should know about the teammates with whom Mike Wilks has shared NBA locker rooms. I'm only counting teammates who have appeared in the same game as Wilks. The list includes
* Two Browns (Andre and Devin)
* Four Jacksons (Jim, Luke, Marc and Mark)
* Two Joneses (Bobby and Damon)
* Two Smiths (J.R. and Joe)
* Six players with whom Wilks has appeared for two different franchises (Dion Glover, Alan Henderson, Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Nesterovic, Ira Newble and Glenn Robinson).
* Two players whose names are burned into the cortexes of Bullets fans (Darvin Ham and Rod Strickland).
* Eight players who were selected for last year's All-Star game (LeBron James, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Tony Parker, Yao Ming, and Caron would make nine.)
In terms of Blog fodder, this might be about it. Why? Well....
Even though Wilks is portraying a positive image of his NBA experience, it must be difficult to remain true to the principles of his faith and still make a living in a sport that is sometimes fraught with controversy; difficult in the sense that with all of the craziness and sometimes odd behavior from many of his colleagues, he is sure to stick out like a sore thumb because of his unwavering stance on what's right and what's not.
"Not at all," Mike insists. "I have been very fortunate. On every team that I've played for - Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston, San Antonio, Cleveland, Seattle, Denver - the players have been very supportive of my beliefs and seemingly, comfortable around me. I still have fun with my teammates and they are my friends. They respect my lifestyle and beliefs and they want me to be comfortable in my environment. We hang out at the movies, restaurants, bowling alleys or each other's homes."
Anyhow, after the jump comes the full list of the 91 teammates who have played in the same games as Wilks. Yes, it's in alphabetical order. Yes, I'm very proud of myself.
Dion Glover (2)
Alan Henderson (2)
Nazr Mohammed (2)
Rasho Nesterovic (2)
Ira Newble (2)
Glenn Robinson (2)
Posted by: gidge | December 19, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | December 19, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Unsilent Majority | December 19, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Ian | December 19, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | December 19, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Icantfeelmyface | December 19, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.