The Pineapple Finds a Home

Smile, Redskins fans, smile.

The biggest news out of the Redskins locker room this afternoon? You're staring at it, baby.

Remember the pineapple from early Monday morning? Like one of those heroic lost puppies, dropped on a random street corner, it made its way home. That piece of fruit was perched on Chris Cooley's stool, accompanied by a note on a small piece of lined paper. Written on the note?

"From some fans."

I briefly told the story to Cooley, who wasn't quite sure why there was a battered tropical fruit on his stool.

"No way," he said. "That's awesome, man."

If that doesn't warm your heart on this day after Christmas, I don't know what will.

Keep smiling.

Well, maybe this: Cooley entered the building with....that thing pictured to the right, whatever that is. Some sort of drum, perhaps. Note the large "Sale" ticket.

"Christmas gift exchange with Yoder," Cooley explained. "I don't even know what it is."

Or maybe the answers to Chick "Real Name Redacted" Hernandez's many Christmas gift queries will make you smile. London Fletcher got a messenger bag from his wife. He was accused of receiving a man purse.

"Yeah, yeah, in a sense, yeah," he said. "But it's stylish. It's acceptable."

And Shawn Springs's favorite present?

"Underwear," he said. "I love that. You always have to replenish that. So my best Christmas gift is a pair of underwear."

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 26, 2007; 2:31 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Big Mike's Lunch Pail Award
Next: Local Hoops Poll Week Seven

Comments

Nice follow up Dan.
I'm surprised the Nazi security guard even gave it to Cooley

Posted by: G20 Fdacowboys | December 26, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Shawn Springs almost got it right; SOCKS are the best Christmas presents, because they usually wear out faster than underwear, and new socks are almost ALWAYS more comfortable than old socks, can't really say the same between old vs new underwears...

Posted by: Love Socks | December 26, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Are those the famed homemade "heavy metal band name" Cooley sweatpants? After all the attention that was fawned on them when he was first drafted, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Capt. Chaos wearing them.

Posted by: OD | December 26, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Steinberg, was that you who took my trademark "Whoa" in response to Spring's underwear comment?

Posted by: Keanu | December 26, 2007 6:43 PM | Report abuse

When I saw the headline, I thought perhaps the pineapple had been returned to the house that it was stolen from. Now that would warm my heart.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 27, 2007 8:31 AM | Report abuse

there was a pineapple returned last night to replace the one that was taken.

I know the two people, I was with them both when the one was taken and when they replaced it.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 27, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

That's good, thanks!

---

there was a pineapple returned last night to replace the one that was taken.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 3, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse