A.D. Bog Bio

Reports indicate Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Andray Blatche and Oleksiy Pecherov are currently playing HORSE at the Verizon Center. I'm not there, so please imagine several hundred words of hilarity and droll quotations. Thanks.

In the meantime, you can console yourself with this BogBio of Antonio Daniels, in which he discusses boxing, music and falling down.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 24, 2008; 12:19 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Telepranksters Hit the Big East
Next: Caps and Gluttony

Comments

I was at the wizards vs knick game in ny and Blatche and Pecherov were playing HORSE during the warm ups. I think Blatche won it.
My moneys on Butler for this match though

Posted by: Sam | January 24, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Wait, so nothing about Nick Young dunking the ball directly in LeBron's mouth last night? Seriously?

Worst. Bog. Ever.

Posted by: McBride | January 24, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we've grown accustomed to The City doing his dunk thizzle.

Or, Steinz will be receiving his pinstriped Nikes in 5...4...3...2...

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | January 24, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

On a scale of one to 11, with 11 being drop the laptop and get there to make sure you don't miss it, what rates an 11 for the Bog?

I mean, hot dog night and college night at the Caps game clearly gets a 9, if it beats out Mike "Barry's Boy" Bacsik slinging dingers ... (Oh man, someone more creative than me do something with that).

I would have thought just the OP mispronunciations of words during the trash talk would have made the rumored horse game an 11, but evidently it's an 8 at best.

And Gilbert on a bike was about a 10 it seems, from the reposting of a tipster's email.

So what gets an 11? Nationals players carrying DC United players in wheelbarrows in front of the White House?

I think so.

Posted by: DC Centurion's Shield | January 24, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not there, so please imagine several hundred words of hilarity and droll quotations. Thanks."

Ahem.

Well, first of all, the players pretended they couldn't understand Oleksiy Pecherov, although they can perfectly. Then Gilbert, who is hopelessly competitive, tried to persuade Pecherov, with his killer perimeter shot, that he was spelling "horse" wrong and that he still had another shot to go. Butler played along, distracted by his dual job of both shooting and sending the ball back to Gilbert (Caron as HORSE ballboy reprise). Haywood kept score, with assistance from AD.

But the most interesting thing was Butler, for his shots were going in. And as they did, Gilbert grew quieter. And so Butler started missing on purpose. And Gilbert started teasing Butler. And everyone was friends.

I hope it ended something like that.

Posted by: Nancy | January 25, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse