Brooks Laich = Ladies Man

I'd heard about this video, which appeared on the big screen in the last week or two during a Caps game. Now, I watched it. Various members of the Washington hockey club are asked to identify the biggest ladies man in their midst. Almost unanimously, they seize upon Brooks Laich. I think the producers were feeding them lines.

For more, check out women discussing Laich's personal life and including him on lists of good-looking NHL players.

In other Caps news, I'll go to my first game (of this season!) tomorrow night in honor of Dollar Dogs, a promotion that will include a hot dog eating contest during the second intermission. Yes, I have my priorities in order.

In less whimsical Caps news, some Caps bloggers were inspired by this tear-jerker yesterday and are attempting to raise money for the Wilson hockey program. They already have some plans in the works, but need a downtown venue to host their fundraiser. E-mail me with any leads.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 23, 2008; 12:08 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins.com Delivers the Truth
Next: Duke and Flopping

Comments

OV with teeth, huh?
Glad to see you continuously writing about the various teams in the area. Keep up the good work, Bogman.

Posted by: marksman | January 23, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Will Leitch begs to differ.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | January 23, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Get a Job!

Posted by: OldChelsea | January 23, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Laich? Hunh, I would have thought Brashear. Ladies love that Fench-Canadian acent.

Posted by: EricS | January 23, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

no mention of Semin?

Posted by: chris | January 23, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

They did this last year too. Clymer seemed to be the consensus then.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 23, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

you have never been to a caps game? i did i read that wrong

Posted by: Anonymous | January 23, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Wait - hot dog eating contest? I thought you were a vegetarian...

Posted by: Rob Iola | January 23, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Hahahahaha "Hi Ladies" that's freaking priceless!

Posted by: RIT | January 24, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Brashear's French Canadian accent? That's kinda funny, since he's from Indiana.
Maybe he has a trace of one from playing in Montreal.

Posted by: Whiter Mage | January 24, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I had a feeling Ovechkin would say something like that. Hilarious

Posted by: mac | January 24, 2008 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Whiter Mage - Funny, my hockey friends and I just had the same discussion about Brash's French Canadian accent. He IS from Bedford, IN., but moved to Quebec at 16 to play QAAA for Sainte Foy & stayed in Canada for 13 years.

Posted by: Ellie Oxnard | January 26, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Chris, here's the Semin board.

Posted by: Randy Charles Morin | January 30, 2008 8:30 AM | Report abuse