Rallying for Gibbs at the Park Video

Of course once the fans were permitted past the guard gate yesterday for their meeting with Gibbs, all the media folks pounced on them, rendering my hard work waiting outside the gates with the fans as they played football largely moot.

But still, if you want to see that rally, with the football and the radio broadcast and the whole deal, here ya go.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 9, 2008; 1:22 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Athletes and the Primaries
Next: Pols Paying Tribute to Gibbs

Comments

the guy in the Riggins jersey must be a bad driver.

Posted by: Chris | January 9, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

where were the diehard skins fans with zubaz pants?

Posted by: thigh master | January 9, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow Dan. Love your work and all, but no wonder you type for a living. Your voice is atrocious! Sounds like you're gonna cry at any second...

Posted by: Saballs | January 9, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Dan -- last night at the wizards game there was a massive gilbert jersey give-away. We're talking thousands. It was never explained to me. Is he trying to get my all-star vote or what? I demand answers.

Posted by: Branden | January 9, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I think Joe Gibbs should take out a restraining order against Christie and Chris Lopez.

Seriously, whats next?

Are they going to have a rally when Joe Gibbs has diarrhea?

"Gibbs autographed a box of Amodium AD"!

Posted by: Redskin Fan | January 9, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

I was a big fan of Gibbs' return, however it was made crystal-clear this year that he just couldn't keep up with the modern game.

My only hope is that Al Saunders leaves with him. I want no part of that completely worthless 700page playbook.

Posted by: AlecW81 | January 9, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

It was good to see everyone out there for the rally and I'm going to miss everyone during the offseason. Coach appreciates everything that Christie and Chris do. If you don't want to join everyone out there then don't come.

Posted by: G20 Fdacowboys | January 10, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Why would I attend a "farewell" rally when he clearly stated he wasnt going anywhere?

"I mentioned the Youth for Tomorrow. Pat and I and everybody in this community plan on being here. I am a Washingtonian. Even though from times I will be in Charlotte traveling back and forth with the family." --Joe Gibbs

What I don't appreciate is how they use any excuse possible to get on TV.

Once they are on TV, they are sure to plug the Official Message Board (Extremeskins.com).

If you need any evidence, watch the video above.

It got old in 2005.

How do you feel about them using Sean Taylors death to make sure everyone knew that they were representing Extremeskins?

If you saw it you might have thrown up.

And before you reply, just know that over 20 years I attended a few rallies.

We had rallies when we won Super Bowls.

Not when we just got blown out by the Seahawks in the first round.

Think about it.