The Captain of the ASU Cheer Team

I had gotten the impression that virtually anywhere you went in the state of Arizona this week, you were bound to run into an extremely famous person. Like Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!'s Mike Silver went to a Suns game and ran into Sanjaya.

Last night, after meeting up with the aristocracy of the sports blogging world (full roster provided on request), I wound up at a Tempe brewery called Four Peaks, which was recommended to us by "Trevor from Tempe," who reads the work of the aristocracy of the sports blogging world. I went into Four Peaks and began asking people where all the famous folks were. The young lady seated behind us told me that her friend had recently seen several members of the Minnesota Vikings at Chile's in Scottsdale, which made me quite sad.

And then I saw the most famous person in the brewery: the captain of the Arizona State Cheer Team. His name was Steve.

Seriously, you know you're scuffling as a blogger when you randomly run into the captain of the Arizona State Cheer Team, and his name is Steve Johnson.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 31, 2008; 11:59 AM ET
Categories:  NFL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reporter in Kilt
Next: Riggo on the Redskins and Mohawks

Comments

So did you hook up with him or not?

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | January 31, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Male Cheerleaders. Enough said.

Posted by: TruthAboutIt.net | January 31, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

You should have seen Four Peaks in the early 90's when I went to ASU.

On second thought, you may not of survived the drive into that neighborhood.....

Posted by: Kim | January 31, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Dan, we need a warning on this post.

I got to the last line and spit my Coke all over my office computer screen. I think my keyboard might be broken tomorrow.

Give us a warning before you have us snark.

Posted by: DC Centurion's Shield | January 31, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Wait...the captain of ASU's cheer squad is a dude? I thought that was illegal in about 45 states!?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I must admit, this is one Superbad post.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | January 31, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

But did you at least enjoy Four Peaks? Also, of all the great beer they offer what did you try/like?

Posted by: Paf | January 31, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse